Bosch Rotek 34-13 Lawnmower Switch Fault Advice Please

We have a Bosch rotek  Lawn mower 34-13 Model -  Until last year we didn't have any problems until the handle  power switch failed. It turned out to be a plastic lever which had split & wasn't pressing on the micro switch  to switch the power on. I bought a new genuine Bosch part, fitted it & it has worked until recently but the new lever is no longer operating the switch. There us no damage to the lever but it is so flimsy it is bending & not working the switch. Can anyone advise me how I can get it working again. Help appreciated.    PopT

can you stick somewood plastic metal to the plastic to strengthen it  or stick something to the area that pushes the switch to make it thicker . ive  used a glue system that comes with superglue and two different powders  ive used it on various bits of plastics on cars with good results. I bought the kit from  srs paint supplyers on the old penistone road trading estate. hope this helps .

Thanks for your tips Davecop, I'll give it a go,

You could try the superglue and baking soda trick. Hardens like rock.

@PopT

It is dissapointing after making the effort to get a genuine Bosch part. 

If you cannot get it to work after trying the suggesions above, you could try a different type of switch. Maybe something from an old Flymo.

As long as it clamps to the tubing, and the gubbins inside is  rated for the wattage of the motor of your mower.

I fitted a domestic light switch on my old Fymo. Not suggesting you do this as mower switches are safety switches. I am the only one that uses my mower.

Edited by Janus
Typo

Have you tried sending an email to customer complaints at Bosch?  They may be able to help you.  I think they really should.