Spitting Image Reboot

Spitting Image is coming back, just can't wait to see how far they go, :hihi: there will be some cringing and whinging,  :gag:

Only available to watch on Britbox tho I believe 🙁

Edited by nikki-red

Yep - guess I'll have to wait a year or so before it comes out on a Freeview channel!

29 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Only available on watch on Britbox tho I believe 🙁

I didn't realise, I Just saw a glimps during the ads,   I hope it eventually gets back on ITV, meanwhile Ill look at the sign up sit on Britbox, thankyou for the correct info. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Spitting Image is coming back, just can't wait to see how far they go, :hihi: there will be some cringing and whinging,  :gag:

From what I understand, there already has been some crying and whinging after they dared to include Greta Thunberg in their puppet caricatures.

"....But she is just an innocent child..." they all screamed.

Well when that 'child' gets thrust upon the world stage as the darling of the environmentalists and starts preaching to world leaders and the adult population IMO she should be just as open to satire as any other.

I agree its a shame it is on the the subscription channels as I would have liked to have seen the reaction from the current trend of instant sniviling little whiners complaining to Ofcom.   My worry is the show will have been too diluted since the 80s

Edited by ECCOnoob

I watched it this morning. Some of the Trump stuff is quite near the mark, a joke about wanting Corona Virus at the White house is very timely. The best jokes are about Prince Harry, some crackers there.

Just saw a trailer of Boris and Trump fighting Putin in the sauna using Kentucky Fried Chicken Drumsticks as weapons. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I expect most of the humour will be of the lefty variety so I'll give it a miss.

I used to love this programme , when it was on before, so am disappointed it’s not on the BBC or ITV.

I seem to remember the makers saying that they ended the original series  due to the prospect of Tony Blair's Labour Party getting elected.

Disappointed with first one.

Brief moments of funniness but no belly laughs so far.

Are we too political correct now?

Or were times so different when it first came out the producers got away with more?

The first attempt at pulling out a memorable song failed completely with a parody of Jacinda Ardern as Mary Poppins.

which brought me to thinking of some of those great songs from the Spitting image crew.

'Chicken song' of course,

Soon be Christmas so how about a reworking of 'Santa Clause is on the Dole'? 

(Donald Trump is on the Bleach?)

Follow this link to the cover of the 'Da Doo Ron Ron' single which isn't dissimilar to my profile picture - LOL

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/spittingimage/images/3/3a/Da_Doo_Ron_Ron.png/revision/latest?cb=20140318171120

B side of this record was 'Just a Prince that can't say NO'

re Prince Andrews sexual indiscretions.

and that was back in 1984.

Keep safe.

Edited by Rockers rule
additional info

25 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Disappointed with first one.

Brief moments of funniness but no belly laughs so far.

Are we too political correct now?

Or were times so different when it first came out the producers got away with more?

The first attempt at pulling out a memorable song failed completely with a parody of Jacinda Ardern as Mary Poppins.

which brought me to thinking of some of those great songs from the Spitting image crew.

'Chicken song' of course,

Soon be Christmas so how about a reworking of 'Santa Clause is on the Dole'? 

(Donald Trump is on the Bleach?)

Follow this link to the cover of the 'Da Doo Ron Ron' single which isn't dissimilar to my profile picture - LOL

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/spittingimage/images/3/3a/Da_Doo_Ron_Ron.png/revision/latest?cb=20140318171120

B side of this record was 'Just a Prince that can't say NO'

re Prince Andrews sexual indiscretions.

and that was back in 1984.

Keep safe.

Is it the same people who produced it before ?