Intelligent Rats And How To Exterminate

Edit:Sheffield council do charge for dealing with rats, unless on qualifying benefits. Thanks Nikki.

Edited by Janus
Correct information added.

10 minutes ago, Janus said:

The council don't charge for sorting rats in domestic premises. They do the follow up too.

I believe it’s only free if you’re in receipt of certain benefits...

Edited to add...

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/public-health/pest-control

Edited by nikki-red

Thats's £132 with the call out fee for rats. That is a service that used to be free with RMBC. Me & the neighbour had them out at least 8 years ago. It will probably be the same as Sheffield now.

First a reduction in bin collections, and rats as well. Makes me wonder why we are paying more C tax for a much reduced service.

2 minutes ago, Janus said:

Thats's £132 with the call out fee for rats. That is a service that used to be free with RMBC. Me & the neighbour had them out at least 8 years ago. It will probably be the same as Sheffield now.

First a reduction in bin collections, and rats as well. Makes me wonder why we are paying more C tax for a much reduced service.

The call out fee is only payable if you then don’t go ahead with the service.

The rat fee is £99 in total for 3 appointments. Then £33 per call out if further are needed.

I wonder what circumstances someone would pay the £33, then not go ahead. Maybe just for advice?

It is run like a business now as opposed to a service. 

Our neighbours feed the birds, she throws nuts freely around their garden they also put water out for the birds all this = rats in their garden. We saw them through the fence.

We don't think that they come in our garden as we have two terriers and we put traps down and they were clear.

The neighbours put traps down and she said they caught a lot.

I think the only solution for now is for you to stop feeding the birds and remove any source of water.

I still think they've got them in their garden as our dogs are obsessive about a corner of the garden near the boundary fence.  Neighbours are still putting nuts down!

When the rat control  service was free of charge from the council, I always believed that it was in their interest to be that way. Maybe I am wrong to assume that? 

Are there consequences for local authorities, if the rat population multiplies greatly?