Buses Pulled Out Of Firth Park (Evenings) Anti Social Behaviour.

57 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The onus isn’t for me to disprove, it’s for you to prove YOUR claim with data that shows causation etc.

Unlucky then.

58 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Unlucky then.

So basically you cannot back up your claims that hard prisons don't work yet require others to provide proof of their counter?

33 minutes ago, Resident said:

So basically you cannot back up your claims that hard prisons don't work yet require others to provide proof of their counter?

Not on a Saturday no.  Sorry (not sorry). 

But your right, prisons we way harder back in the day and we hardly had any crime at all. 

The bickering is to cease!

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Unlucky then.

I fail to see how. If people make claims they're unable or unwilling to substantiate, it's absolutely no skin of my nose. Their claims may or may not be true; what's unfortunate is when debate is shut down and people don't thrash things out, and examine each other's assumptions and the basis for their beliefs, as well as any supporting evidence etc.

Have a good day!

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I fail to see how. If people make claims they're unable or unwilling to substantiate, it's absolutely no skin of my nose. Their claims may or may not be true; what's unfortunate is when debate is shut down and people don't thrash things out, and examine each other's assumptions and the basis for their beliefs, as well as any supporting evidence etc.

Have a good day!

I've been here a while and I had been given a quid for every link I'd provided against the the short sharp shock/3 strikes/prison is too soft/flog and hang argument I'd not need to work for a year. How many minds would it change? Better minds than mine have provided better links and more erudite arguments and got nowhere. I can no longer be bothered.

Currently in charge of this country is the most right wing government we've ever had, chock full of sycophants with a nice majority. Write in. Tell them you want hard labour etc - you'll never have a better chance. It will be done on a shoestring though.

Edited by tinfoilhat

4 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I've been here a while and I had been given a quid for every link I'd provided against the the short sharp shock/3 strikes/prison is too soft/flog and hang argument I'd not need to work for a year. How many minds would it change? Better minds than mine have provided better links and more erudite arguments and got nowhere. I can no longer be bothered.

Currently in charge of this country is the most right wing government we've ever had, chock full of sycophants with a nice majority. Write in. Tell them you want hard labour etc - you'll never have a better chance. It will be done on a shoestring though.

If only my MP's main campaigning cause wasn't the "rights" ("yooman" or otherwise) of illegal immigrants and other assorted 'non-contributing' persons I could perhaps have opened up a correspondence along those lines with that gentleman.  As it is I'd just be wasting printer ink or bandwidth. Thanks anyway.

11 hours ago, Martin C said:

If only my MP's main campaigning cause wasn't the "rights" ("yooman" or otherwise) of illegal immigrants and other assorted 'non-contributing' persons I could perhaps have opened up a correspondence along those lines with that gentleman.  As it is I'd just be wasting printer ink or bandwidth. Thanks anyway.

I am not sure what my MP is doing full stop