Virgin Broadband, Any Good?

thinking of going with them, they have a great offer on atm, 106mb mge for 24,00 month, its broadband only, but i don't use landline any more, bit concerned not uk tech support, also, they have to lay a cable don't they, does this mean switchover takes longer?

any experiences, tx

If if says on their avaiability checker that your house will accept the superfast fibre, then it typically means the cable has already been installed at some point in the past.

bit complicated , 2 week wait for installation , they have to install to flat, letter of permission from landlord, and we don't have a good relationship with him, he will take ages answering

Anyone know if there's a way to check for upcoming VM installs ?

I’m with Virgin it’s pretty consistent for broadband but check out BT fibre if it’s available for you.

21 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

bit complicated , 2 week wait for installation , they have to install to flat, letter of permission from landlord, and we don't have a good relationship with him, he will take ages answering

Odd, I've lived in rented flats and houses and never needed any involvement of the landlord.

34 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Odd, I've lived in rented flats and houses and never needed any involvement of the landlord.

Same! 

I think it depends on the landlord and contract. We can't have it installed. As a halfway agreement, all the flats have dual satellite and terrestrial TV points in all the main rooms (living room and bedrooms)

Spoke to Virgin, they said they has to put the cable through bottom flat, would have to get LL permission, crazy, but that is not viable for me, anyway, not sure if i need 106m though would be nice, wouldn't be ready for switchover either.

16 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

Spoke to Virgin, they said they has to put the cable through bottom flat, would have to get LL permission, crazy, but that is not viable for me, anyway, not sure if i need 106m though would be nice, wouldn't be ready for switchover either.

Not true, they usually go up the out-side of flat, and in-through the wall by your Phone/TV point etc....   I'm in an upper-floor, thats what they did for me, no need for any LL permission...

Baffling, I spoke to them again, and again it was LL permission, tried call centre, closed due to corona virus, getting nr to contract end now, looked at one stream, but they were shut today!

just tried to sign up(part way) no mention of LL permission

update, further in the sign on process, it does ask you for permission to inform him, maybe should say i own the property!

Edited by gamezone07