Lancaster Bomber Over Sheffield 28/09/2020

There's been one over Norton Lees been followed by a helicopter, probably filming. Anyone know owt about the occasion?

Edited by nikki-red

Just seen it what a thrill  flew over Heeley.

Edited by *Wallace*

Lancaster Bomber -ah, I remember it well!  Excellent beer brewed by Thwaites and named in recognition of the aircraft.  Sadly renamed "Amber" these days.  Doesn't taste as good as a result!

Yes also seen the Lancaster over Sheffield, also on flight radar

1345 Just seen what looked like a Lancaster climbing in a circle at Wadsley Bridge B4 disappearing in to cloudbase . . . Helo appeared to be on station also . . . FOUR prop engines, twin plectrum-shaped rudders/tailplanes, unique engine sound . . . 

On flight radar last time I seen it was around bolsover chesterfield ,lost it now

I was on  Norfolk Row when I heard the sound of distinctive engines, getting louder & louder, then it few right over the Town Hall.  Pretty low & impressive. 

Looked and sounded superb over Hillsborough.

Then banked and went around towards the City Centre.

Missed it . Damn. Would have taken the day off if I'd known. No publicity probably due to Covid, but it did a flypast/ bombing run over Derwent. I'll bet there a few walkers taken by surprise though! Have just watched the video on Fbook as they had cameramen in front and rear turrets. Awesome.

Edited by Magneteer