Security Messages Coming On Windows 7 Laptop.

I have an old Acer Aspire 5732z windows 7 laptop which has worked perfectly well for the last 10 years .However about a month ago I started getting the message" net_err cert authority invalid" when trying to get on a small number of sites.The message also said the site may be under attack.On all but 2 of the sites there was an option to click on at my own risk.The 2 sites I couldn't get on to were Post Office and Gov Uk. I have tried re booting the router and also stopping the Anti Virus as recommended, but this has not helped. Any ideas please.

Have you updated your browser?

Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft for updates, you really should move on.

Get windows 10 hardly any difference i didnt want to change glad i did

It's a good idea to use another product alongside whichever main anti-virus that you use.  One that works alongside most major AV's and doesn't clash with them is SUPERAntiSpyware, that can be downloaded and run free.  That may pick up something that your normal AV may miss. 

Even though you have Windows 7 and Microsoft have said they are not doing updates, they are.  HAve you done all the latest Windows Updates?  If not, it may be as well as to try that first.

17 hours ago, ivan edake said:

I have an old Acer Aspire 5732z windows 7 laptop which has worked perfectly well for the last 10 years .However about a month ago I started getting the message" net_err cert authority invalid" when trying to get on a small number of sites.The message also said the site may be under attack.On all but 2 of the sites there was an option to click on at my own risk.The 2 sites I couldn't get on to were Post Office and Gov Uk. I have tried re booting the router and also stopping the Anti Virus as recommended, but this has not helped. Any ideas please.

Is the time in Windows accurate?