Killing Of A Police Officer.

9 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

When a person dies due To police action the public will take To the streets and protest. When a police officer is killed nothing it doesn’t seem matter to them.

I think you better find out WHY people protest "certain" killings by police officers, then get back to us then

7 hours ago, West 77 said:

The rent a mob brigade tend to be anti the police. This tragic incident should be a reminder to everyone what a dangerous job the police do. The police officer wasn't safe in his own police station. The media and the social media brigade are too quick to criticise the police when force is used to arrest suspects. 

he was arrested, he was in a police station, ive read he had handcuffs on...and hands behind his back?

something went VERY wrong, somewhere

nothing to do with needing to use force to arrest him

R.I.P Ratana

Edited by melthebell

17 hours ago, melthebell said:

I think you better find out WHY people protest "certain" killings by police officers, then get back to us then

he was arrested, he was in a police station, ive read he had handcuffs on...and hands behind his back?

something went VERY wrong, somewhere

nothing to do with needing to use force to arrest him

R.I.P Ratana

Yes R.I.P Sergeant Ratana.  Lot's of bickering on here about this.  (not by you mel) There just doesn't seem to be much sympathy.

An absolutely shocking crime that should be all over the media, it will disappear from the news in a few days as did the Birmingham stabbings and the love in for US criminals will be back at the forefront, disgraceful.

8 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

An absolutely shocking crime that should be all over the media, it will disappear from the news in a few days as did the Birmingham stabbings and the love in for US criminals will be back at the forefront, disgraceful.

what do you want to happen like? they have the killer, he may live he may die, they know who he was, arrested a guy suspected of supplying the gun...is there anything to keep in the media eye? apart from news if the killer dies, or survives and gets taken through court. the gun supplier put through the courts and the pcs funeral?

Could not agree more MTB.   I really dont know what more some people expect.  It has been all over the media and still is on the 24/7 channels.  Lets be frank - all there is to say at the present time has been said.

Tragic death.  Public shock, sympathy and tributes observed.  Criminal suspect identified and associate arrested.  Case ongoing.      End of news.

I have no doubt that when there is something further to report such as the charges brought against the suspect, the court case, the potential errors in police procedure investigation, the suspected institutional failures causing this fatality and any associated dismissals - the news will spring to action once again and it will be reported in great detail on every network broadcast for hours on end. 

Until such time comes - that's it.  Shows over.  People need to stop with the rubber necking and oh dearisms.

Edited by ECCOnoob

47 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Could not agree more MTB.   I really dont know what more some people expect.  It has been all over the media and still is on the 24/7 channels.  Lets be frank - all there is to say at the present time has been said.

Tragic death.  Public shock, sympathy and tributes observed.  Criminal suspect identified and associate arrested.  Case ongoing.      End of news.

I have no doubt that when there is something further to report such as the charges brought against the suspect, the court case, the potential errors in police procedure investigation, the suspected institutional failures causing this fatality and any associated dismissals - the news will spring to action once again and it will be reported in great detail on every network broadcast for hours on end. 

Until such time comes - that's it.  Shows over.  People need to stop with the rubber necking and oh dearisms.

So do you think if the situation had been reversed it would have taken them so long to name the perpetrator?

Police often withhold suspects name to gather intelligence and raid co conspiritors

There’s obviously some issues to be investigated e.g. how the gun wasn’t found on the arrest search, how it was fired at the PO and himself when he was handcuffed behind. No doubt this will all be revealed but thank goodness we are not USA and take to the streets, protest and are fired up to take retaliatory action but instead can feel the sadness of a person killed whilst doing their job 

24 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

So do you think if the situation had been reversed it would have taken them so long to name the perpetrator?

It happens EVERY time in ALL cases, it's only been 3 days? Or so?

And they got a suspected gun supplier after raiding a few places.

So you think announcing the shooter instantly would give that return? Or so you think people that know him might leg it once his name crops up all over the media?

41 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Yes.

Back on topic please