Air Rifle Shooting Any Good Places

You  have to pay these days and dont go anywere you are not supsed to as to many with mobile phones and police will soon be there if they get a call of some one with a gun 

Find a friendly farmer, get permission to use a field (preferably written, to show anyone who might ask)

Join a gun club get some contacts a friend of mine has 12 air rifles.  Theres  shop at killamarsh have a run down have a chat .I used to have 5 air rifles and is a great sport   Good luck with friendly farmer 

Edited by spider1

Long gone are the days when you could nip over to the tip and shoot rats or aerosol cans, now its all snot nosed farmers and silly priced ranges, one thing though it is addictive just collecting the guns, I used to have about 30 rifles and pistols at one point, i love guns simply for their engineering.

1 hour ago, mickey finn said:

Long gone are the days when you could nip over to the tip and shoot rats or aerosol cans, now its all snot nosed farmers and silly priced ranges, one thing though it is addictive just collecting the guns, I used to have about 30 rifles and pistols at one point, i love guns simply for their engineering.

Good arnt they had 5 sharp innovas pump action and 2 sharp ace that were fantastic 6 pumps to 12 foot ibs  very powerfull  and accurate at 50 yards but had to get rid when they bought new law in if you got caught with one over 12ft pounds it was classed as a fire arm you got 5 years . 

The rifles my mates got now are brill yes hes obsessed and so would i be if i was younger

Innovas were so easy to get over the limit, used to get all the bits from the Hull Cartridge Company. The new pre-charged guns are very nice.

South Yorkshire rifle club at Templeborough has a decent rifle and pistol range but you have to be members. I think its £65/year now.

Phoenix range do £25 air rifle memberships they are an indoor range (so closed at the moment) but are a friendly place to visit. They also have full bore rifle and shotgun range.

There is sycamore range

at top of dungworth which is a shotgun club. They have rifle stations albeit crude their £50 memberships have full access to site through gate code 365 days a year. So if weathers acceptable turn up and shoot. Great people.

They also do range fees at £5 on Sundays.

Anston field target club. 

Again another nice site. Well developed airgun ranges and friendly people. I don't know if their membership is open at the moment but they easily have one of the nicest mix of outdoor shooting stations I have seen.

You can also look at airsofting which is like paintba but cheaper. That's a fun alternative to static target shooting.

Yorkshire tactical airsoft.