Sign in to follow this  

Chapletown District

I’ve been round 4 fisheries that belong to CDAA.

Howbrook res, Nancy pond (never seen anyone there!!)Westwood res, and Tankersley. If they run more and Ive missed them, I apologise.

What I’m getting from talking to the people that have been fishing, some on more waters than others, is that each water has its own year book, I think Nancy pond is included on one book??.

For those that have read my previous posts, you know I love a reply!! So,

Heres my thoughts on this, as always replies welcome!!!

If it’s £35 per year (ballpark!) for each pond, that’s £105 a year to fish all waters. Is this a fair price for a “District Angling Association”?

Shouldnt it be one club one price?

I will be joining Howbrook next year, and I hope a few of you do try it out.

What if 100 buy year books for Howbrook, or just one of the other ponds, and no work or Managment is done on those waters?

And yes I would sacrifice fishing time to help with maintaining a fishery I join. 
Is this common practice nowadays?

Considering most day tickets cost a fiver or more, a hundred quid for a year's fishing three different venues isn't bad value. 

The price isn’t an issue, I’ll pay the price to join a club if I like fishing the waters, I’ve since found out that Howbrook, If they decide to do a year book next year will probably be £50 plus.

My original post was to see if people thought that ALL the waters should be on one book, for one price, rather than split across separate books.

If an angler has a favourite water and chooses to concentrate on that one with the occasional visit to one of the others, where they can buy a day ticket, this system works. Or if they have mobility issues, the far bank at Westwood and parts of Howbrook can pose problems whereas Newbiggin is ideal for the less able.

Perhaps the association could offer a discount as an incentive to buy permits for two or all three of their waters.

I totally understand your points about access and agree. The point you made about offering a discount is a very good idea and would probably increase the amount of year books sold.

I will be joining Howbrook (if possible) as it’s only ten mins away, but I am looking forward to trying out a lot more waters looking for a 10lb tench!!

You need to factor in the wait times tankersley has over a 10 year wait time I’m a ticket holder and I’d pay triple what I pay now