Merit payment: £21.3m
Overseas TV income: £60.1m
Commercial revenue: £5m
Total: £132.6m

2018-19 payment: £7.1m
Difference: +£125.5m

Doubt that there is any "massive debt".

22 hours ago, bassett one said:

they needed to spend on quality players,cannot work it out why they didnt,look at wolves they sorted out decent players

It's not as simple as that. All managers think they are buying decent players. According to Soccerbase, Wolves' net spend for this season is £20.7m and United's is £42m.

On the face of it, and it's early days, Wolves have spent better but they had saleable assets and raised £56m compared to United's £0. To raise that kind of cash CW would have had to dismantle his team. He didn't have a player that could fetch £41m, so to a certain extent his hands were tied.

Before the West Brom match  I felt it would be a turning point, with either United winning their first game of the season or Wilder deciding to give the team a reboot by abandoning the negative, cautious approach for something more adventurous e.g. playing 4:4:2 or 4:3:3. The first didn't happen so we'll have to wait until Sunday to see if the second does. I want him to stay but if he continues with this system which isn't working, I fear for his future.

1 hour ago, despritdan said:

Before the West Brom match  I felt it would be a turning point, with either United winning their first game of the season or Wilder deciding to give the team a reboot by abandoning the negative, cautious approach for something more adventurous e.g. playing 4:4:2 or 4:3:3. The first didn't happen so we'll have to wait until Sunday to see if the second does. I want him to stay but if he continues with this system which isn't working, I fear for his future.

I still reckon we'll battle our way out of this & finish 13th or 14th but if we do go down, I'd still give Wilder & Knill a crack at getting us back. 

2 hours ago, despritdan said:

They still created 22 attempts on goal, so hardly negative or cautious , on another day they may have won, if they keep on creating chances like they have, they should surely win some games.

4 hours ago, Vasquez Rich said:

They still created 22 attempts on goal, so hardly negative or cautious , on another day they may have won, if they keep on creating chances like they have, they should surely win some games.

Not seen the stats but i bet we've created as many chances as we did at this stage last season.The problem has been that some of the finishing has been embarrassing .

We are conceding way more chances to the opposition as well.Obviously O'Connell is a big miss ,especially in the air, but we need to close down much quicker in midfield as well.

Its not over yet ,but without wishing to state the obvious we need to win a game sharpish.

Leicester, Southampton and Man U next. So no problems there, then.

Edited by Cyclecar
Typo

Just seen brief highlights on Look North.  Firstly, how the hell did the WBA shot manage to get through a crowd of players to end up in the net, without clipping someone's foot? 

Secondly, we  missed / fluffed a good three opportunities. 

26 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just seen brief highlights on Look North.  Firstly, how the hell did the WBA shot manage to get through a crowd of players to end up in the net, without clipping someone's foot? 

Sadly it was more than 3 Baron.

We created and squandered enough chances to win 3 games.

40 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I may be wrong but when I saw one of the replays, I thought the ball took a slight deflection off the foot of one of our defenders (Kean Bryan I think) which steered it into the corner of the goal. There's been no reference to it so maybe it didn't.

Everything going against us - Fulham picking points up and Leicester are bound to be desperate not to lose 2 on the trot when they face us.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Everything going against us - Fulham picking points up and Leicester are bound to be desperate not to lose 2 on the trot when they face us.

Yeah and Jamie Vardy will relish in it....