Sheffield United V Relegation

On 17/04/2021 at 23:00, Kelvin Phlats said:

Yep, that ended well didn't it. Relegated now. Wilders took off with a cool circa £5m in his pocket. He'll be on the phone to Colin sharing stories and laughing and joking.

In the words of Peters and Lee, WECOME  HOME .

Yep, that ended well didn't it. Relegated now. Wilders took off with a cool circa £5m in his pocket. He'll be on the phone to Colin sharing stories and laughing and joking.

Payoffs in the millions are getting to be normal in this profession, even for managers.  I'm certainly not begrudging Chris a payout after bringing us two successive promotion and a couple of seasons in the Premier League.  If he can do no more due to penny-pinching by the owners, then fine.  I wonder how much Jose will be getting as a pay-off from Spurs after not exactly a very successful spell there?

52 minutes ago, E.R.N said:

In the words of Peters and Lee, WECOME  HOME .

"We come home"? What the L.

What circa £5m would that be?

Who's Colin?

Edited by Alextopman

Just listened to Egan's interview after Wolves defeat.

Referred to effort and commitment.  Either he's lying, or deluded.  Utterly abject, abysmal.

Four wins all season?   Laughable.

2 hours ago, steved32 said:

Just listened to Egan's interview after Wolves defeat.

Referred to effort and commitment.  Either he's lying, or deluded.  Utterly abject, abysmal.

Four wins all season?   Laughable.

Very laughable indeed....

Totally delusional !!!...

13 hours ago, Alextopman said:

What circa £5m would that be?

Who's Colin?

Someone worked out that an anagram of Neil Warnock gives the name Colin something. I think a referee might have come up with this.

The other alternative is that he'd be on the phone to a caterpillar cake.

3 hours ago, Hopman said:

Someone worked out that an anagram of Neil Warnock gives the name Colin something. I think a referee might have come up with this.

The other alternative is that he'd be on the phone to a caterpillar cake.

Ah, I see, very immature.

Hopefully, the news that tramlines is back on this year means that we can start going back to football matches next season.

The one good thing about being back in the Championship (for personal reasons), will be getting a decent away ticket allocation and getting to away game, and making a weekend of it.  Hardly had the chance in the Premier League, teams giving us less than 2,000 away tickets, meant me and the Mrs always struggled to get any official tickets, and some of those grounds are a long way to go, in the hope you can buy one from someone when you get there, long journey back if not.

Getting away weekends in Preston, West Brom, Cardiff, Bristol, Sunderland (that whole Northumberland coast line) if they get promoted, Peterborough if they get promoted.  It will be great, interesting places and usually some decent pubs and decent beers to try. 

On 19/04/2021 at 18:09, Kelvin Phlats said:

Que? Please forgive me but I don't understand.

It  a song by Peters and Lee and means welcome home  to the championship, Sheffield united 

4 hours ago, Grappler said:

Hopefully, the news that tramlines is back on this year means that we can start going back to football matches next season.

The one good thing about being back in the Championship (for personal reasons), will be getting a decent away ticket allocation and getting to away game, and making a weekend of it.  Hardly had the chance in the Premier League, teams giving us less than 2,000 away tickets, meant me and the Mrs always struggled to get any official tickets, and some of those grounds are a long way to go, in the hope you can buy one from someone when you get there, long journey back if not.

Getting away weekends in Preston, West Brom, Cardiff, Bristol, Sunderland (that whole Northumberland coast line) if they get promoted, Peterborough if they get promoted.  It will be great, interesting places and usually some decent pubs and decent beers to try. 

A few of the many benefits of not being in the money grabbing premiership 👍

Oh dear first game lost hope this season doesn’t follow on from last season...,

I know it’s early but another relegation  surely not !!!!...