Sheffield United V Relegation

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Well, to start with, these are virtual pints. 

Padders ran a very enjoyable Xmas virtual party which was great (from what I can remember of it!).  I've passed him v£5 (5 virtual pounds) and will get around v£250 if we do stay up.  I've not told him (mum's the word) but I plan a virtual pssssup if we stay up and asking him to take charge of the invites and organisation (he did such at his event a great job a few months ago).

In addition (and when I've recovered), when we are released into the real world again, I will then collect my real money I put on at the real bookies months ago, and those real winnings will go into re-acquainting my taste buds with real beer in real pubs.  Those celebrations will go on until my pockets are empty!

All it needs now is for us to win a few games.............🤞

Good luck kiddo!

That is a surprise,  wonder how many played tonight that played for the Blades in div one?

Not enough investment from CW starting

On 24/09/2020 at 17:11, cmonkes said:

Whilst Sheffield Wednesday fans are probably hoping and wishing away for relegation, I personally think that you lot have a greater chance of promotion and well.....there's a very slim chance of that happening isn't there.

As said above, Wolves are a fantastic team and they will be European contenders this season. Absolute class act, with a class manager.

Villa game....all stacked against us from the moment the red card went up. But even then we battled away and held our own. Perhaps should have walked out of that one with a point.

The new signings will compliment everything that we have in place and the gaffer is plucking away on the missing pieces of the jigsaw. We need goals, we know that, the gaffer and board know that. 

The duck needs to be broken and it will be. When it happens we will grind out results......to replicate the highs of last season is a massive ask, but it is'nt our objective... comfortable survival is.

Come back in March / April 👍

Hello, its April and we're back 😀

Has Brewster scored this season?must be the biggest waste of £20 million in Sheffields history,was going to say football but didn't someone pay £60 for Carroll?

6 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Has Brewster scored this season?must be the biggest waste of £20 million in Sheffields history,was going to say football but didn't someone pay £60 for Carroll?

He could come good next season, think it's too early to call him the biggest waste but not done what he was brought in to do. 17 goals altogether in 32 games says it all and I thought our goals scored was bad.

65 years a Unitedite.

Seen all this before.

Hope they get back up before I snuff it !!

42 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Has Brewster scored this season?must be the biggest waste of £20 million in Sheffield's history,was going to say football but didn't someone pay £60 for Carroll?

Add up his minutes played and it's the equivalent of just over ten and a half games. Give the lad a better chance!

I think if you tell any employer you need a year to settle in you would not be offered the job.

If the manager doesn't pick him that tells me he's not good enough.

Sheffield United have equalled their record number of league defeats in a single season (26 - also in 1975-76 and 2010-11), while the Blades have lost 16 Premier League games by a single goal this season, the most one-goal defeats in a single top-flight campaign since Ipswich Town in 1985-86 (also 16).  The single goal defeats just sum up the season! 

Let's face it, we failed to compete & get results against teams such as Newcastle, West Ham, Fulham, Crystal Palace & the like, in the 'mini league', outside the big 5 or 6 clubs. 

I wrote a few months back, I posted along the lines of no need to worry, 20 games left, the fat lady's not even warming up, let alone singing.  Well it appears she couldn't even be bothered to turn up in the end, she lacked the enthusiasm & just sent a CD of her greatest hits in. 

I'll now try & console myself & convince myself, that we're back in a more exciting league & that in a few months, (hopefully?), I'll be sat in my seat on the Kop at BDTBL in be sunshine.   Come August, like every football supporter, come the eternal football optimist. 

Remember, the highs are only high because the lows are so low.  UTB. 

Edited by Baron99

In the summer break I guess we will all be advising the board regarding acquisitions and disposals so, to get my retaliation in early:

1. A strong, resourceful team manager with a decent track record of successes rather than of failures.

2. Pension off a couple of  the very old boys. 

3. Retain as many of the present squad as practical.

4. Don't sign ANY  players who arrive carrying an injury. (This used to be a Bramall Lane speciality).

5.  Don't be greedy with season ticket prices. 

I could go on................

Prince may be reluctant to spend again after Wilders blown most of it and not omproved the team, so loans and a mini clear out needed to raise funds. Hopefully McBurnie will go to wolves and Mousset can be sold/ used part exchange for a goalscorer. As for new manager, I'd go for Howe, but money might be an issue, so maybe we'll wait to get Jokanovic when his current job finishes, whatever the silly season will start soon, lets hope improvements are made