Sheffield United V Relegation

9 hours ago, MJ01 said:

I'm not being funny, but there isn't a cat in hells chance that with so many games to go....that the retained list and the potential movers and shakers have been decided.

so it wasn't announced a month ago that Berge was leaving......don't be so naive

Correct it wasn't announced a month ago the Berg would be leaving. It was said it was a likely outcome but not a certainty.

10 hours ago, Grappler said:

I'm laughing at the number of times I have read "my mate is a taxi driver, and guess what he overheard" or recently one was someone stood in a queue at a supermarket, and the bloke in front of him was on the phone, talking about players, it's always third hand and none of it ever usually pans out.

I am not being naive,  it's my job not be (in the real world, away from here),  I am sure things are in motion for who is staying and who can go.

Grinning at this. I'm remembering waaaay back in the day when you only ever found out any United news from three primary sources; The Star, Radio Sheffield or from some bloke who had a mate that lived three doors down from the Myrtle Road training ground and heard everything.

12 hours ago, Grappler said:

I'm laughing at the number of times I have read "my mate is a taxi driver, and guess what he overheard" or recently one was someone stood in a queue at a supermarket, and the bloke in front of him was on the phone, talking about players, it's always third hand and none of it ever usually pans out.

I am not being naive,  it's my job not be (in the real world, away from here),  I am sure things are in motion for who is staying and who can go.

He's just informed us that his mates dad's a security man at S6 and Moore and his team have all 'walked out'. 😆

Just checked todays odds on Blades (thanks Thirsty)

To stay up 45-1.............To be relegated 1-100.

Find that quite amazing, staying up should be 1000-1 at least.

Wish I'd got £100,000 to spare, stick it on em to be relegated, absolutely pinching £1000.

14 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just checked todays odds on Blades (thanks Thirsty)

To stay up 45-1.............To be relegated 1-100.

Find that quite amazing, staying up should be 1000-1 at least.

Wish I'd got £100,000 to spare, stick it on em to be relegated, absolutely pinching £1000.

I think the difference between 45/1 and 1/100 is daft - the bookies should be giving better than 45/1 for us to stay up.  If the bookies were open, I'd still be tempted though.  Risk a fiver for £225?  Yes - Unlikely I'd win, but we can beat anybody on our day.... we don't seem to be having many of our days this season!

Never say never.

Stick that fiver on.

I haven't accepted your demise yet, and won't do until it's mathematically impossible.

You've surprised many people, many times.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I think the difference between 45/1 and 1/100 is daft - the bookies should be giving better than 45/1 for us to stay up.  If the bookies were open, I'd still be tempted though.  Risk a fiver for £225?  Yes - Unlikely I'd win, but we can beat anybody on our day.... we don't seem to be having many of our days this season!

No problem Thirsty, send me your fiver, and I'll give you 50-1.

Just now, Padders said:

What? With your luck?

They'd go on a 10 match winning streak and you'd be ....................................

32 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

What? With your luck?

They'd go on a 10 match winning streak and you'd be ....................................

shhhhhh!!  Looking down back of sofa before he changes his mind!

36 minutes ago, Padders said:

💸

Looking forward to a (virtual) spending spree when we stay up!

On 11/03/2021 at 15:05, Thirsty Relic said:

💸

Looking forward to a (virtual) spending spree when we stay up!

Will you be able to down a pint or two in a pub if you stay up?

What date are pubs opening again?

£250 should get you enough drinks to celebrate with. 👍

18 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Will you be able to down a pint or two in a pub if you stay up?

What date are pubs opening again?

£250 should get you enough drinks to celebrate with. 👍

Well, to start with, these are virtual pints. 

Padders ran a very enjoyable Xmas virtual party which was great (from what I can remember of it!).  I've passed him v£5 (5 virtual pounds) and will get around v£250 if we do stay up.  I've not told him (mum's the word) but I plan a virtual pssssup if we stay up and asking him to take charge of the invites and organisation (he did such at his event a great job a few months ago).

In addition (and when I've recovered), when we are released into the real world again, I will then collect my real money I put on at the real bookies months ago, and those real winnings will go into re-acquainting my taste buds with real beer in real pubs.  Those celebrations will go on until my pockets are empty!

All it needs now is for us to win a few games.............🤞