Sheffield United V Relegation

11 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Not sure what your point is mate to be honest, fact of the matter is utd are as good as down and Wednesday are probably the same although they have a slightly better chance of surviving.

The point is Wednesday had points deducted from the start of the season...

Sheffield United didn't...

So I can understand that Wednesday could get relegated after having points deducted....

Edited by Box11

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

If United did get rid of CW, what would they want to replace him with? 

I would suggest someone who has a history of getting the best out of players, who has a history of picking up gems from lower leagues, can produce results without spending a lot of money, has a number of promotions on his CV, has managed in the Championship and the Premiership.  Someone like.... Chris Wilder.

He'll need to sell those who want to go, and with the money received buy the best talent he can get for that, and start again.  I can think of nobody better to do that than Chris.

I can't believe that fans who love Sheffield United would want to keep a Manager who is totally out of his depth....

Look football is a business and has been for many many years...

When you have a business and if an employee is not producing the goods then they are sacked and a new employee takes their place...

It's not rocket science...

That's business.....

4 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Points deduction or not, Wednesday will go down. Add the 6 points on at the end of the season, you'll see.

But to have started the season in that way having points deducted hurt's morale in a big way and destroys confidence in a massive way to any team in any league...

Look the premier league is the hardest league in the world any team can win on the day in any match...

Granted CW did a fantastic job getting Sheffield United up into the premier league from where they were as I have said many times.....

But he is totally out of his depth at this level it is plain to see....

12 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

That is just so wrong and it is also why the PL is getting so boring.

Premier league is never boring....

And it is the hardest league in the world....

World class managers have stated that....

When Leicester City won the league they had a fantastic squad that ran rings around other good teams with ease....

If that squad were kept together without certain player's being sold on I strongly believe they could have won it again in time.....

At the end of the day what is wrong with wanting your team to be the best they can be and to be WINNER'S and not LOSERS !!!!!!.....

I want the best for Sheffield United....

What I don't want is to have a local lad managing who is out of his depth at this level I say again at this level....

I want someone who knows quality player's at the right price without spending 23-25 million on a player (Brewster) who in my eyes is very dire indeed and is not producing the goods....

CW got Mugged by Liverpool....

There is alot of supporters who have had enough of the situation at Sheffield United and want change....

I am one of those supporters....

Edited by Box11

6 hours ago, Box11 said:

Premier league is never boring....

And it is the hardest league in the world....

World class managers have stated that....

When Leicester City won the league they had a fantastic squad that ran rings around other good teams with ease....

If that squad were kept together without certain player's being sold on I strongly believe they could have won it again in time.....

At the end of the day what is wrong with wanting your team to be the best they can be and to be WINNER'S and not LOSES !!!!!!.....

I want the best for Sheffield United....

What I don't want is to have a local lad managing who is out of his depth at this level I say again at this level....

I want someone who knows quality player's at the right price without spending 23-25 million on a player (Brewster) who in my eyes is very dire indeed and is not producing the goods....

CW got Mugged by Liverpool....

Their is alot of supporters who have had enough of the situation at Sheffield United and want change....

I am one of those supporters....

Good post Box.

It's a dilemma regarding CW, but I'm inclined to agree with you, he's done a fantastic job at the Lane, but I do feel he is out of his depth.

Billy is another one, one of the best players to wear a Blades shirt, but like everyone else, time catches up with you.

The buck stops at CW's door, time for a new brush to clear out these inadequate players.

The CW we're seeing now isnt the same guy of last season, neither is the rest of the team/ squad.

When you look at where we've come from, it's been several years of the squad performing at a higher level and more intense pace.

Last season we punched well above our weight but while our lads got one year older at the top level, the other 19 teams have simply worked us out.

CWAK have been the heroes for half the city all that time, and the other half largely respecting them for what they've done too.

The set up has taken us as far as it can. The big money buys haven't worked out, and after last night there is no doubt that there is no plan B, we are totally one dimensional and we fully deserve to be where we are.

Does he stay or go? It seems the Prince is backing him but there are questions about his ability to spend and work at this level.

The table doesn't lie. We are awful this season and last night proved it.

I dont believe that next season will be easy without some major changes, fresh legs and change of plan. It's still a tough tough league and no one will make it easy for us.

We got up to the PL with a small and pretty settled squad, playing mainly once a week.  We played the first season in the top flight normally once a week, with a very settled side, the "unknown" new boys advantage, and with few injuries. 

This season, Covid has meant more games in less time, so clubs with smaller squads have suffered.  We've had more injuries than most, so have suffered most.  CWAK could do nothing about that.  What I think we should have done is at least have a good Plan B so we could switch to it in games.  We haven't, and have suffered. 

The biggest problem I see was that we didn't strengthen the squad - and it's clear that you have to blame the money men, not CWAK for that.

Would sacking the manager and trying to find someone else to try and come in, with no money, and somehow take us up again?  I doubt it.  Will CWAK walk - into  a job where they do not have both hands tied behind their backs?  Probably

Not sure that you blame the board - the @£120 million we've spent were on buys that CWAK wanted and, apart from an occasional flash of excitement, have failed to deliver. 

CW is stubborn and seemingly (for many) can't be questioned.

We're simply not good enough - across the board.

Edited by barnie41

From a purely personal point of view (and once Covid is behind us), watching football on Saturday afternoon at 3pm will be great.  None of this midday on Sunday or 8pm on Monday night nonsense.

Saturday afternoon is football, always has been, always will be.

1 hour ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

It bores the life out of me. The results are so predictable these days. The one saving grace over recent years has been the battle to avoid being 3rd bottom as there's only 3/4 clubs each year can win the title. It never used to be like that.

Add VAR into the equation and the removal of any physical contact the game in the PL will only get worse. But it panders to the world wide audience, so that makes it OK in some peoples eyes. It's the best league in the world because people tell you it is. It's lost it's soul, because it's soul has been traded for money. Proper football people saw it coming years ago, Brian Clough knew.  Bit by bit it's being dismantled from the beautiful thing it was.

I can watch a good match at any level, but batterings are no fun. I sometimes wish the top six could be pushed out into a European super league and try and return our top league to what it was, a place where everyone had a chance.

A super league will happen that's the way football is going....

1 hour ago, Box11 said:

A super league will happen that's the way football is going....

Fingers crossed. Maybe then we can get some normality with wages and more academy players. The premiership is being ruined by money.

5 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

It certainly appears that way and I think it would be great for all concerned. We might even get our FA Cup back, another sacrifice on the high altar that is the Premier League.

I have slated the Premier League many times on these and other pages and was told I was just jealous and had United fans sending "We Are Premier League" my way, its funny how the same fans are agreeing with nearly every point I raised.