Sheffield United V Relegation

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

I'm certainly no expert, and could be wrong (I usually am), but I compare Ramsdale to Dawson.

Ramsdale is a decent shot stopper but prone to costly mistakes, the lack of clean sheets and two possible consecutive relegations gives you a clue to his shortcomings.

2 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

United would have to go on a run to rival a title winning side to escape the inevitable now, with the personnel at their disposal that won't happen.

Correct,

Having said that Blades have not been disgraced all season, unlike some teams above us.

Worst performance being the loss at Southampton.

Look what happened to them Saturday.

Lack of a goals has been the problem last season and this. But that's just stating the obvious.

9 minutes ago, Padders said:

Correct,

Having said that Blades have not been disgraced all season, unlike some teams above us.

Lack of a goals has been the problem last season and this. But that's just stating the obvious.

Having the worst start in football history and currently the joint worst points total is hardly something to be proud of, losing by one goal gets you the same points tally as losing by 6.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Having the worst start in football history and currently the joint worst points total is hardly something to be proud of, losing by one goal gets you the same points tally as losing by 6.

I think you'll find it difficult to find anyone who says they are proud of that record but you'll find plenty who are proud to be a Blades fan and of what they stand for.

6 hours ago, Padders said:

Correct,

If the Blades were getting tonked every week then you would fear for them next season.

Ive watched every game this season and i reckon they are worth a good half dozen points more than they have.

On 08/02/2021 at 19:22, atticus said:

the Blades were getting tonked every week then you would fear for them next season.

Ive watched every game this season and i reckon they are worth a good half dozen points more than they have.

Fact is, despite all the moans about single-goal defeats, all Blades' six victories in league and cup have been by...a single goal.

Problem there for all to see.  No goal threat.

17 hours ago, steved32 said:

Fact is, despite all the moans about single-goal defeats, all Blades' six victories in league and cup have been by...a single goal.

"Correct"

21 hours ago, steved32 said:

The first half a dozen games into the season we created plenty of goal scoring chance but couldn't put them away. now those chances are far and few between.

Another game lost...

This time 3-0...

Sheffield United season is over can't see them staying in the Premier league at all......

2 hours ago, Box11 said:

Another game lost...

This time 3-0...

Sheffield United season is over can't see them staying in the Premier league at all......

It would go down as one of the greatest escapes ever surely if you do. Not looking like you will, maybe if you suddenly learn how to score you'll have a chance, the story of both Sheffield club's this season unfortunately

2 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It would go down as one of the greatest escapes ever surely if you do. Not looking like you will, maybe if you suddenly learn how to score you'll have a chance, the story of both Sheffield club's this season unfortunately

Yeah great escape "NERVY-OWL"....

It's never going to happen and I think they will struggle next season in the Championship too....

Hope I'm wrong...

I think West Ham put the final nail in United's coffin tonight, they'd have to more than treble their points tally in the remainder of the season to even have a chance.