Sheffield United V Relegation

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

OK, so Brighton won.  Burnley and Fulham both lost at home!  That gives us a bit more hope!  It's Newcastle and Wolves that should be getting worried, as they are getting closer to the trapdoor.

They'll be alot of teams worried very interesting season this is turning out to be....

As the season gets towards the end point, "form" is everything, the sides to look for are those that can't get a win, even if they are currently a few places above the relegation zone. Burnley are not looking good at the moment, neither are Newcastle.

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

We've got Fulham, wolves, Brighton, Newcastle and Burnley all the play. The last two of those just as it happens are our last two games of the season, which is a little bit more worrying. It spells for a bit of a dogfight and rings bells of the Warnock era. 

But it is all very much to play for at the minute. A couple more wins in the bag and points picked up against the pack...we are right back in the mix. It isn't going to be easy, but the attitude and determination shown over the last few games would put us in great stead. I have every confidence that we have the fight, grit and determination....we just need to ensure that we have the same confidence and quality that saw us come back and dispose of west brom.

You've broken your hoodoo of not being able to beat teams around you, if you can continue that and pick up some more wins against teams around you then anythings possible. 

One bad result doth not Relegation make.

Lots of points to play for yet.

Just get some of them, and you'll be fine.

Trust me.

On 02/02/2021 at 13:47, Thirsty Relic said:

Sorry - should have, as I've been saying for a while I still think we'll be safe.

Vital match, yes.  It's only 3 points though.  IF we lose, we've still got plenty of matches left to turn it round.  Have faith!

Acknowledged Thirsty.

I can't believe some people will 'accept' failure so readily.

Doubters: Unsqueeze your buttocks, and enjoy the ride.

It'll be uphill a little bit more yet, but you'll be reight.

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

One bad result doth not Relegation make.

Lots of points to play for yet.

Just get some of them, and you'll be fine.

Trust me.

Acknowledged Thirsty.

I can't believe some people will 'accept' failure so readily.

Doubters: Unsqueeze your buttocks, and enjoy the ride.

It'll be uphill a little bit more yet, but you'll be reight.

The buttocks are firmly unclenched Hotty and I'm (mostly) enjoying the ride .

I just reckon we need snookers already to get out of this one.

This season could be one of those where you need 40 points to finish 4th bottom. If that were the case it would mean getting 29 points from the remaining 16 games .A big big ask.

I hope you stay up, mainly because I don't want to see you put 4 or 5 past us, twice, next season (if we stay up that is!)

So you just stay where you are.

Do as you're told!

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I hope you stay up, mainly because I don't want to see you put 4 or 5 past us, twice, next season (if we stay up that is!)

So you just stay where you are.

Do as you're told!

Being told what to do by an Owl and hoping we do that?  That's a new one on me!

Telling the Owls to stay up themselves and expecting them to do it? Ditto!

Here's to us both staying up!

Another game lost....

How many more this season.....

14 hours ago, Box11 said:

Another game lost....

How many more this season.....

And by the odd goal,

I know It's hypothetical, but with a packed house at the lane, and a good goalkeeper (sorry I'm not a Ramsdale fan) I reckon we'd have at least another 5/6 points on the board, and a good chance of survival.

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

And by the odd goal,

I know It's hypothetical, but with a packed house at the lane, and a good goalkeeper (sorry I'm not a Ramsdale fan) I reckon we'd have at least another 5/6 points on the board, and a good chance of survival.

I agree Henderson was great last season he is surely missed for all to see....

United would have to go on a run to rival a title winning side to escape the inevitable now, with the personnel at their disposal that won't happen.

4 minutes ago, Box11 said:

I agree Henderson was great last season he is surely missed for all to see....

I'm certainly no expert, and could be wrong (I usually am), but I compare Ramsdale to Dawson.