Sheffield United V Relegation

Removed a handful of posts and handed out a suspension for the wumming, We're getting fed up of it again.

Seems normal service resumes....

Another game lost...

Looking like doom and gloom for the rest of the season....

19 minutes ago, Box11 said:

Another game lost...

Looking like doom and gloom for the rest of the season....

If the Samaritans offer you a job, please don't take it. 😁 

Still 19 games left.  The fat lady hasn't even got a taxi to the building, let alone started to warm up. 

33 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Still 19 games left.  The fat lady hasn't even got a taxi to the building, let alone started to warm up. 

Well done Red Baron - shoot down the negativity!

Half way through the season and we're not in a great place, but you only get relegated after 38 matches.

JOC is improving, and may yet have a part to play in our rise up the table.  McGoldie is still 24-carat, and we have others returning fresh from a Covid break. 

Onwards and upwards!

COYRAWW!

3 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Well done Red Baron - shoot down the negativity!

Half way through the season and we're not in a great place, but you only get relegated after 38 matches.

JOC is improving, and may yet have a part to play in our rise up the table.  McGoldie is still 24-carat, and we have others returning fresh from a Covid break. 

Onwards and upwards!

COYRAWW!

I've got a theory that our blue & white brethren on here are hoping that Wilder & Knill get the boot from BDTBL, in the hope that a quality manager & his assistant will become available?  But even out of work, I don't think, either of them would consider they'd want employment THAT desperately? 

8 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Ha ha I like that Baron99...

Trust me there will be no danger of me joining the Samaritans...

But saying that look at the results...

Not scoring goals not gaining points results in relegation the table speaks for itself....

I would love to be upbeat but about what I'm going on what I'm watching and it's terrible....

Remember this thread is about Sheffield United v Relegation not Sheffield United staying up !!!!! 

For me our fate was sealed when we failed to beat WBA in December. Losing to a very good Spurs side was never going to make much difference to how the season pans out.

34 minutes ago, atticus said:

For me our fate was sealed when we failed to beat WBA in December. Losing to a very good Spurs side was never going to make much difference to how the season pans out.

I think what should be more concerning for fans and was pointed out by Roy Keane at half time, when Norwood lost the ball before Kane scored he made no attempt whatsoever to win it back, that lack of fight is not what we've come to expect from a CW team.

Norwood was already on a yellow.

Football is pretty much non contact in the prem . If Norwood had gone in strong and got booked then Roy Keane would have been slagging him off at half time for costing the Blades the game. 

Keep  pushing the lack of fight narrative though 

14 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

We should be concerned about the lack of fight from one player? The rest of the team were putting themselves about and battling, in particular Norwood's midfield counterparts (fleck and lundstram).

Norwood appeared tired and should have been taken off the pitch. He had little desire and I think I would have rather have been playing with 10 men at times. 

If he's no longer upto it, the he doesn't get a shirt, it is as simple as that. Coming from a player like Roy Keane, who sent players into Row Z.....you would rightly expect him to pull Norwood on his performance, he was right to.

To be fair Keane highlighted the whole team not just Norwood, he said for a team that's fighting for their lives it was staggering, the clip is on Sky Sports Twitter page.

26 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

We should be concerned about the lack of fight from one player? The rest of the team were putting themselves about and battling, in particular Norwood's midfield counterparts (fleck and lundstram).

Norwood appeared tired and should have been taken off the pitch. He had little desire and I think I would have rather have been playing with 10 men at times. 

If he's no longer upto it, the he doesn't get a shirt, it is as simple as that. Coming from a player like Roy Keane, who sent players into Row Z.....you would rightly expect him to pull Norwood on his performance, he was right to.

I'm not even buying the risk of a second yellow Atticus mate, Norwood's performance as a whole was substandard. He was a Yard or two off the pace all the game, his pass completion was terrible, he simply had a poor game.

Likewise, there is still no fact in our friends theory, because other players worked their gonads off.

Agree, Norwood was shocking yesterday,  why didn't CW hook him of at half time, he was partly responsible for all three goals, if  you look closely at the first goal, the corner is coming in right in his direction and he turns away from it, frightened of heading the ball, reminds me of the guy at S6, Bannan,  another thing is he's  virtually useless when we lose the ball, also like BB, so we are carrying a player against teams like Spurs. As for Burke he can chase a ball down, quickly making up 30/35yards then he looks round and there's no one to centre it to, didsy is way off the pace, we need two up front in every game from now on, let didsy play just behind them