Sheffield United V Relegation

2021 - the Blades go unbeaten for XX matches

Happy New Year everyone

3 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Oh dear same old same old.

To be fair that was a bit worse than normal 🙂

Without a win in 2021 still, doomed I tell thi😁🤪 not over yet but again another match gone where you would of expected to pick up a point at least. Still time but hard to see where your points are going to come from

2 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Without a win in 2021 still, doomed I tell thi😁🤪 not over yet but again another match gone where you would of expected to pick up a point at least. Still time but hard to see where your points are going to come from

To be honest it was over for me 4 or 5 games ago. 
it’s all about planning for next season ..... much like Norwich did last season when they were all but down in February.

I think Wilder is doing that already , he brought a 16 year old on this afternoon. He did ok to be fair 

Another game lost...

I can't see Sheffield United winning any games this season at all...

What's gone wrong how has it come to this....

Something has got to give....

Why isn't Sharp playing what's going on for Godsake....

CW is totally out of his depth and needs to walk it's getting embarrassing....

Edited by Box11

Another disappointing defeat and no goals.  The players today looked worn out, are they doing too much on the training pitch. Oh for a Trevor Hockey type midfielder and a Billy Dearden type centre forward

Updated stats:

SUFC have the worst start in football league history going back 132 years

SUFC have the lowest points total on Boxing Day ever recorded

SUFC have the record for the longest run without a win in the first 17 Premier League games

SUFC are the only club in the 92 in the league pyramid who are yet to win a game

Oli Burke has not ended up on the winning side in his first 25 appearances the worst run in Prem history

One of only three teams in league history not to have registered a win at the turn of the year

Again I ask the same question - why did we play the game?  Newcastle, Man C and Fulham have games called off due to players having Covid, yet we play a game where we can only muster 6 subs to the other sides 9. 

People ask where the other players are - well I think we can assume that the missing players are probably isolating due to Covid.  When a 16 year old I've never even heard of gets on the pitch, we must surely be without a lot of players.  At least the manager  had the good sense to start without Brewster.  It needs a good run to start soon. 

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Again I ask the same question - why did we play the game?  Newcastle, Man C and Fulham have games called off due to players having Covid, yet we play a game where we can only muster 6 subs to the other sides 9. 

People ask where the other players are - well I think we can assume that the missing players are probably isolating due to Covid.  When a 16 year old I've never even heard of gets on the pitch, we must surely be without a lot of players.  At least the manager  had the good sense to start without Brewster.  It needs a good run to start soon. 

You played the game because you had to.

You might assume that the absences were COVID related, but they might not have been. You’ve plenty of injuries, a reported dressing room bust up and lots of players out of form.

Maybe that’s where you should look.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Updated stats:

SUFC have the worst start in football league history going back 132 years

SUFC have the lowest points total on Boxing Day ever recorded

SUFC have the record for the longest run without a win in the first 17 Premier League games

SUFC are the only club in the 92 in the league pyramid who are yet to win a game

Oli Burke has not ended up on the winning side in his first 25 appearances the worst run in Prem history

One of only three teams in league history not to have registered a win at the turn of the year

I’ve heard that there’s a special edition Guinness Book of Records planned.

The Palace match was a new low.  No effort, no belief, no good.

Eze's goal...yes, special, but aided massively by Norwood's woeful lack of pace and effort.  Then, Egan decides to "take the knee" instead of attempting a tackle.