Sheffield United V Relegation

49 minutes ago, Grappler said:

You have to be in the top flight to do that though mate, something you don't need to worry about.

Our players actually gave it a go tonight, put two past Man Utd.  They put a shift in, I guess you could say they earned their wages.......

It takes an exceptional team to break an all time  record. So well done Blades.

51 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

It takes an exceptional team to break an all time  record. So well done Blades.

Don't think it will be a record that stands for long mate.  The gulf between the Championship and the Premier League is getting bigger with every season, and not sure anything is going to change that.

The top three of the Championship are the three teams relegated from the Premier League.  The Championship clubs just can't compete.

20 hours ago, Grappler said:

Don't think it will be a record that stands for long mate.  The gulf between the Championship and the Premier League is getting bigger with every season, and not sure anything is going to change that.

The top three of the Championship are the three teams relegated from the Premier League.  The Championship clubs just can't compete.

Just now, barry-333 said:

It is a different league from last year, our tactics are very well known by prem managers,   so a different aproach, younger players an pray for a win

23 hours ago, Grappler said:

You have to be in the top flight to do that though mate, something you don't need to worry about.

Our players actually gave it a go tonight, put two past Man Utd.  They put a shift in, I guess you could say they earned their wages.......

Losing virtually every game is no good no matter what league you're in. To be fair Manchester Utd didn't really get out of second gear, their attack ran rings round Uniteds pedestrian defence and Henderson gifted you the two goals with catastrophic errors.

9 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Losing virtually every game is no good no matter what league you're in. To be fair Manchester Utd didn't really get out of second gear, their attack ran rings round Uniteds pedestrian defence and Henderson gifted you the two goals with catastrophic 

Henederson also produced a worldie at the end to prevent an equaliser 

Blades played well other night against Manchester United but met Man U on a good day, apart from the first goal debacle with Maquire, Henderson. 
Rashford was different class supported by Pogba, Martial and the defender.

If Blades play like that for all the rest of the season, they will easily beat the drop.

3 minutes ago, prince al said:

Blades played well other night against Manchester United but met Man U on a good day, apart from the first goal debacle with Maquire, Henderson. 
Rashford was different class supported by Pogba, Martial and the defender.

If Blades play like that for all the rest of the season, they will easily beat the drop.

Can't agree,

They have been playing like that for most of the season, and not won a game..

If they win 4 games on the trot "which would be a miracle" they would still be bottom, assuming teams above them keep picking up points.

Relegation now a certainty.

18 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Quite a bit of sour grapes appearing in this thread now. The facts are the blades have got off to the worst possible start ever i'd think, you can dress that up all you want, but you won't change facts and you can't predict the future.

As far as Wednesday go, (although I haven't done a like for like comparison) I expect they are marginally better, but for god's sake, how big a problem do we have here in Sheffield?

Both teams are poor (in their comparative leagues of course) but at least utd seem to be trying.

No sour grapes from me pal, the facts don't lie, we are in trouble.

I just said that the three teams relegated last season are not having too many problems in the Championship.  I watch EFL on Quest most weekends and the quality in the Championship is very poor, outside the top 6,  I would have no fear dropping down with a couple of hundred million in parachute payments and going straight back up.

Wednesday's main problem is the man at the top, off-field stuff, the team should have no problem finishing 4th from bottom and escaping the drop.

3 hours ago, Grappler said:

I just said that the three teams relegated last season are not having too many problems in the Championship.  I watch EFL on Quest most weekends and the quality in the Championship is very poor, outside the top 6,  I would have no fear dropping down with a couple of hundred million in parachute payments and going straight back up.

Like a premier league 2,through the back door.

Parry and a host of champs clubs want a more level competition, to stop the spiralling debt among those trying to narrow the gap

4 hours ago, Grappler said:

No sour grapes from me pal, the facts don't lie, we are in trouble.

Wednesday's main problem is the man at the top, off-field stuff, the team should have no problem finishing 4th from bottom and escaping the drop.

You might be needing those parachute payments to pay your big hitters on £40k a week.

It won’t be easy to find takers for some of the players you’ve signed for inflated fees. That’s what does for a lot of clubs when they drop out of the premier league. Ask Stoke, Reading or Watford. 

11 hours ago, Padders said:

Can't agree,

They have been playing like that for most of the season, and not won a game..

If they win 4 games on the trot "which would be a miracle" they would still be bottom, assuming teams above them keep picking up points.

Relegation now a certainty.

I agree that we've been playing reasonably well all season & if the odd chance had gone in, in normal circumstances, we'd be above the relegation zone but I'm not about to give up on them with roughly 2/3 still remaining.  That is total defeatist talk. 

But we do have to start to get results & we should be looking at starting tomorrow.  If you look at the Blades fixtures, by mid February, we'll have played all those again just above us in the table, so we do have a chance to change our position but we do need to win these games, any other  points from now until then would be a bonus.  We've certainly got to start to put a run together. 

There is still a chance.  Just because it's not been done before from this position doesn't mean it can't be done. If one takes a negative attitude now, with so many games left, you might as well give up from tonight. 

If we're still rock bottom by the time we play Fulham, 12 games from now in February, I MIGHT start to think we should be preparing for the drop.  Where there's hope, there's life. 

Edited by Baron99

10 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I agree that we've been playing reasonably well all season & if the odd chance had gone in, in normal circumstances, we'd be above the relegation zone but I'm not about to give up on them with roughly 2/3 still remaining.  That is total defeatist talk. 

But we do have to start to get results & we should be looking at starting tomorrow.  If you look at the Blades fixtures, by mid February, we'll have played all those again just above us in the table, so we do have a chance to change our position but we do need to win these games, any other  points from now until then would be a bonus. 

There is still a chance.  Just because it's not been done before from this position doesn't mean it can't be done. If one takes a negative attitude now, with so many games left, you might as well give up from tonight. 

If we're still rock bottom by the time we play Fulham, 12 games from now in February, I MIGHT start to think we should be preparing for the drop.  Where there's hope, there's life. 

With all due respect Baron, that should have been posted in Syrups Joke Thread :hihi:.

12-1 to get the lowest points total in the Prem.

Dip your bread.