Sheffield United V Relegation

Wilder has said Sharp is more important as captain now he's not in match day squad.

Has he lost the plot?

I thought it was a pretty poor performance, the Hammers have started the season ok nothing earth shattering and they never looked in bother,  United are toothless in attack and the defence is all at sea, troubling times and many fans surprisingly questioning CW on Twitter tonight.

24 minutes ago, steved32 said:

Wilder has said Sharp is more important as captain now he's not in match day squad.

Has he lost the plot?

I fear this also steved32...

Like I have said in previous posts no-one should be bigger than the club....

Staying in the Premier league is a must and games need to be won saying that they put in a good performance is not good enough winning games and points is what is needed.....

I think CW has done a cracking job so far but its looking like the job has become too big for him....

8 hours ago, Box11 said:

I fear this also steved32...

Like I have said in previous posts no-one should be bigger than the club....

Staying in the Premier league is a must and games need to be won saying that they put in a good performance is not good enough winning games and points is what is needed.....

I think CW has done a cracking job so far but its looking like the job has become too big for him....

But who's around that could replace CW?   If the job has become to big for CW, who's available that has Premiership experience? 

Only ones I can think of, (only because he got a brief mention in relation to the SWFC job),  are Sven-Göran Eriksson or Sam Allerdyce? 

I'm still sticking with CW but obviously it's not down to me. 

Edited by Baron99

I can't see that this is even a consideration - in CW we trust.  He'll sort it out!

6 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I can't see that this is even a consideration - in CW we trust.  He'll sort it out!

I've said before you don't really know what the chairman will be like in bad times. Might he panic about dropping out of the premiership and get rid. I don't think he would and if he did it would be madness, the premiership isn't the be all end all and I don't think the majority of fans would be happy about Wilder getting sacked.

A win against West brom and you'll be either out of or close to being out of the relegation spots, after that the results could start being more positive than negative.

Edited by NERVY-OWL

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I've said before you don't really know what the chairman will be like in bad times. Might he panic about dropping out of the premiership and get rid. I don't think he would and if he did it would be madness, the premiership is the be all end all and I don't think the majority of fans would be happy about Wilder getting sacked.

A win against West brom and you'll be either out of or close to being out of the relegation spots, after that the results could start being more positive than negative.

The bad form stretches back to the end of last season, they look totally devoid of confidence.

The big issue is how much the chairman needs the PL money, if it doesn't look CW can turn around the current malaise he may pull the trigger.

Serious question :

Do any Blades on here want Chris Wilder sacked ?

Even after 11 defeats in the last 12 games its a big NO from me.

The hole will soon be too big to get out of if we don't win very soon.

3 hours ago, atticus said:

Serious question :

Do any Blades on here want Chris Wilder sacked ?

Even after 11 defeats in the last 12 games its a big NO from me.

They probably don't but it won't be their decision.

I was derided on here for saying the PL is a poisoned chalice, some are perhaps now seeing why.

I wonder what the players themselves think about the system they're being asked to play. Obviously, they can't challenge the manager's tactics publicly or privately but they'll have opinions and may be thinking that they aren't being given the chance to prove themselves as an attacking force and be the best they can be. If they have to keep going out and playing this defensive style of football which they don't believe in and keep losing, eventually they'll be thinking, 'what's the point?' when they run out onto the pitch and morale will suffer.