Sheffield United V Relegation

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

They’d be mad to sack Wilder. It won’t happen.
United seem to be following the Burnley model. Don’t overspend, take a relegation if necessary. They’d go straight back up with Wilder.

Going straight back up from relegation is a very hard ask...

No one should be bigger than the club...

The club comes first no matter the sacrifice....

And I'm sure the owner will think so too...

The most important thing for Sheffield United is to stay in the Premier league...

8 games down, 30 to go.  Far too early for doom and gloom.  There are more than 3 teams worse than us, so I expect us to finish in around 14th place - well clear of the drop.

its just nice to hear things (on the S2 side) are back to normal on FH, after hearing 2 years of endless praise for "the genius" etc, etc, etc. Now the dull edges have been sharpened and are plunging in non-stop.

15 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

They’d be mad to sack Wilder. It won’t happen.
United seem to be following the Burnley model. Don’t overspend, take a relegation if necessary. They’d go straight back up with Wilder.

Wouldnt  bet against going straight back up, very poor league atm

19 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

8 games down, 30 to go.  Far too early for doom and gloom.  There are more than 3 teams worse than us, so I expect us to finish in around 14th place - well clear of the drop.

👍👍👍👍👍

On 12/11/2020 at 19:19, gavnmel said:

What about the old adage, then?

The table doesn't lie.  Blades are currently the worst team in the Premier League.  Fact.

I really hope Chris Wilder has spent the last 2 weeks having a long, hard think about how to reverse the decline and starts playing a more adventurous, attacking style of football instead of telling the players they aren't good enough to go toe to toe with the other teams. I'd like to see him go back to playing a number 10 behind two strikers; McGoldrick would be the obvious choice but he could be bold and play him on the right side of Midfield and try Sharp as the number 10. His attacking instincts would mean he'd go forward and be an extra body in the box. It might be that the squad simply isn't good enough to survive this season however they play but I'd rather see them go down fighting than the tame capitulations we've been seeing lately.

Well you got to say, nothing less than 3 points will do, to kick start us. 

C'mon you Blaaaades! 

Edited by Baron99

Another game lost...

Massive points dropped yet again...

Not looking good at all....

.... but good performance again.  Soon, something will drop for us and we'll start on a good run of picking up points.  Have faith!

WBA is surely 3 points. West ham have picked up this season but not really any excuse next game, they are surely certs for relegation and beating them will give the players a confidence boost.

Bloody frustrating again.  Following from the BBC website. 

"We have earned the right to be here and have to do some things pretty quickly to stay in it and protect our status as a Premier League club," said Wilder, whose side were ninth at the same stage last term.

"There's a long way to go. Without being disrespectful to some of the places this football club has had to go, it is no good taking a backwards step and feeling sorry for yourself."

Got to agree with him but here's a stat we could do without. 

Sheffield United have become the third side in Premier League history to pick up just one point (or fewer) from their opening nine games in a season, after Manchester City in 1995-96 and Sheffield Wednesday in 1999-00 (both sides relegated).

Edited by Baron99