Sheffield United V Relegation

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Heard Radio Sheffield this morning stating that Wilder reckons the next 10 games are crucial to defining this season?

Looking at those upcoming fixtures, while nothing is a given, Leicester,

Man Utd, (though you never know if they'll turn up) & Everton, you'd be probably look for a draw at best but Everton have hit a bad run, so you never know?  Southampton have hit a bit of form, so again, best at the moment, given our form, a draw at best. 

The other 6, West Ham, West Brom, Brighton, Burnley, Palace & Newcastle.  These are the clubs that we know we've got to go to-to-toe with & beat & on our day, we can do.  I don't think the Blades are lacking in confidence, just performance, especially in the last third. 

There shouldn't be any talk of the Blades parting company with one of the best managers the Blades have had over the past 50 years.  Let's not forget, Wilder won the admiration of his peers only 2 seasons ago, when he was awarded the League Managers award, beating Pep Guardiola & wasn't he runner up to Klopp for the same award last season? 

You don't become a bad manager in the space of a few months.  Even if the Blades were relegated, (I'll stick my neck out & say they won't), I'd give Wilderer & Knill, another chance at promotion. 

The problem is though that the Premier League is such a lucrative league to be in that chairman tend to get very twitchy if they look like they wont hold onto their place in it, the Prince is hardly dripping with lucre so could be forced into a hasty decision to preserve that status if it looks like CW cannot turn around their fortunes, they look a very different side to last season.

Edited by Brooker11

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

don't think the Blades are lacking in confidence, just performance, especially in the last third. 

Defensive third wasn't up to much at Chelsea.

4 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

The problem is though that the Premier League is such a lucrative league to be in that chairman tend to get very twitchy if they look like they wont hold onto their place in it, the Prince is hardly dripping with lucre so could be forced into a hasty decision to preserve that status if it looks like CW cannot turn around their fortunes, they look a very different side to last season.

It looks like Chairman in the Championship tend to get very twitchy as well .

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Wilder outstays the next unfortunate incumbent at Hillsborough.

Who’s your money on boys?

1 hour ago, atticus said:

It looks like Chairman in the Championship tend to get very twitchy as well .

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Wilder outstays the next unfortunate incumbent at Hillsborough.

Who’s your money on boys?

It was only a matter of time and will be far less damaging than if the same happened to you......and if results don't improve quickly it will.

9 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

It was only a matter of time and will be far less damaging than if the same happened to you......and if results don't improve quickly it will.

You clearly rate Wilder very highly 👍

4 hours ago, atticus said:

You clearly rate Wilder very highly 👍

You can't argue he's done a great job with limited resources, it will be damaging because another manager won't get the same out of the squad available and a rebuilding job will be needed, can you chairman afford that if the Prem prize money is not to hand.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

We are in a completely different situation to most clubs though. We have a manager who has  had one of the highest win percentages in Europe, who has delivered us from the third tier to the top and who has the support and respect of pretty much every top flight manager and pundit.

Scaremongering.

That win percentage will be falling rapidly if the form of the last 20 games continues.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

We are in a completely different situation to most clubs though. We have a manager who has  had one of the highest win percentages in Europe, who has delivered us from the third tier to the top and who has the support and respect of pretty much every top flight manager and pundit.

Scaremongering.

I agree it is different to alot of club's but you also have a chairman that has only been there through the good times, you don't yet know how trigger happy he could be if results don't pick up. You'd like to think he'd seee the bigger picture with Wilder but you never know

Problem with all the Wilder out speculation is that you would struggle to find a United fan who seriously wants to get rid of him even though we are probably on the worst run in our history (10 defeats in 11 games).

In fact i'd want him in charge next season if we  were relegated.

5 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

And me......

CW is a fantastic Championship manager.

But, as I've said before, the Prem is a completely different ball game.

1 hour ago, atticus said:

Problem with all the Wilder out speculation is that you would struggle to find a United fan who seriously wants to get rid of him even though we are probably on the worst run in our history (10 defeats in 11 games).

In fact i'd want him in charge next season if we  were relegated.

They’d be mad to sack Wilder. It won’t happen.
United seem to be following the Burnley model. Don’t overspend, take a relegation if necessary. They’d go straight back up with Wilder.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

They’d be mad to sack Wilder. It won’t happen.
United seem to be following the Burnley model. Don’t overspend, take a relegation if necessary. They’d go straight back up with Wilder.

It depends on how much the owner needs the Prem pot of gold.