Sheffield United V Relegation

Points dropped again....

Still not looking good.....

19 hours ago, Box11 said:

Points dropped again....

Still not looking good.....

Bit early to say we are going down, but the Blades are definitely going to have a hard season. Can CW turn it round, will the board stick by him and who would take over if his services are dispensed with. Finishing 4th from bottom will satisfy many including me. So many questions to answer. Funny old game, a couple of good results and confidence will increase. What must be upsetting for both CW and the players is the fact they are not getting hammered, playing well, but losing, should have got something out of last nights game.

I can understand the title of the thread given our start to the season, but you are the first I've heard even think about the board considering the possibility of a change of manager! 

We've started with a few bad results, a few bad injuries and have just embarked on a run of games against stella teams.  It's early in the season, and I still expect us to end up comfortably outside the relegation places.

Hi Thirsty Relic. Whoa ! I was asking a question about CW being replaced, not suggesting that the board could be considering sacking him.

I do hope you are right in what you are saying. Yes, it's early season and as I said 4th bottom would do, although I am sure that wouldn't satisfy CW.

A serious comment because I do hope they turn it round, we aren't in as bad a position as the Owls.

We can also clearly see a progression from the squad that did so well last season.  OK, JOC, Fleck and Mousset are injured, but we've brought in others who have every chance of growing into the team - Ampadu, the two Derby wing-backs, Burke and Brewster.  Henderson is a big loss, but he wasn't ours, and now we've now got our own quality keeper in Ramsdale.  The other real loss to the team oc course is us supporters.  All we can do is follow from afar.

COYRAWW!!

16 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

We can also clearly see a progression from the squad that did so well last season.  OK, JOC, Fleck and Mousset are injured, but we've brought in others who have every chance of growing into the team - Ampadu, the two Derby wing-backs, Burke and Brewster.  Henderson is a big loss, but he wasn't ours, and now we've now got our own quality keeper in Ramsdale.  The other real loss to the team oc course is us supporters.  All we can do is follow from afar.

COYRAWW!!

Agree with every word. I have been watching them since 1954 !

14 hours ago, Runningman said:

Hi Thirsty Relic. Whoa ! I was asking a question about CW being replaced, not suggesting that the board could be considering sacking him.

I do hope you are right in what you are saying. Yes, it's early season and as I said 4th bottom would do, although I am sure that wouldn't satisfy CW.

A serious comment because I do hope they turn it round, we aren't in as bad a position as the Owls.

I would like to think your board would show some loyalty to Wilder after what he's done for the club, even if that was finishing rock bottom. Club's can be too quick to decide a new manager is the answer sometimes

15 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I would like to think your board would show some loyalty to Wilder after what he's done for the club, even if that was finishing rock bottom. Club's can be too quick to decide a new manager is the answer sometimes

Totally agree - there are plenty of clubs out there that change manager too often.  Watford changed manager a few times last season but still got relegated.  I hope that Chris Houghton gets a decent length of time to achieve something at Forest, but I doubt it.  I just hope he has a good agent so he gets a good payoff if he doesn't last long. 

There are always a list of good managers who are out of work at any one time - Eddie Howe, Tony Pulis etc., and a number of young up-and-coming managers doing good stuff in lower leagues, not to mention foreign managers, eager to ply their trade over here.

Again points dropped...

Not looking good at all.....

Not looking good, got to make sure we start beating the lesser sides, although you have to score to do that... 

Can't see us staying up this season, but one can hope. 

Looking like an unwanted Sheffield double this season 😔 winnable games coming up for you blade's so there's hope for you, as for us we have hard games coming now so don't know where the points will come.

We need to do a "Villa" and get out of trouble on the final day, it can be done!

But in the meantime, we need to find our scoring boots again.