Sheffield United V Relegation

Goals were lacking last season, and even worse now.

Just seen where McBurnie is saying Swans' fans wouldn't recognise him now from the player he was at The Liberty.

True.  Hardly gets a start, and hardly scores.  Poor signing.

I know it's early doors, BUT, 

Sundays game is a must win, lose this one and my worst fears will be coming true.

55 minutes ago, steved32 said:

Just seen where McBurnie is saying Swans' fans wouldn't recognise him now from the player he was at The Liberty.

True.  Hardly gets a start, and hardly scores.  Poor signing.

As he said, the 2 clubs play very differently.  As Swansea, the ball was played up to him through the middle and he held it up and brought others in play from the front.  Now he's used as a target from the flanks, into a crowded defence, with usually nobody there to help him!

Perhaps now clubs know how we play, we ought to mix it up a bit, get the ball to him early in attacks, with midfield runners breaking off him through the middle. at times.

Short memories methinks. I'm not wavering in my admiration for Wilder. He signed "pub players' who looked very comfortable amongst the best players in the country. This wasn't luck. He has a recruitment strategy that has worked like a dream at a good few clubs. Players appear to be 'oven ready' (Boris's term) on their first outing, and they properly scared established Premier clubs. Going through a hiccup at the minute, but there's absolutely no cause for concern. You'll be reyt. 

No danger. Blades may have had a awkward start but I fully expect them to finish mid table. Regardless of tomorrow’s result.

3 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Must win game for united against Fulham on Sunday and to be fair they should beat them but you never know. I expect berge to do his usual trotting about for 90 mins and produce nothing.

Totally agree.  I'll settle for an undisputed VAR 1-0 goal & 3 points. 

21 minutes ago, prince al said:

Why are posts deleted?

No posts have been deleted?

It's been a tough start, no doubt about it.  Egan's crazy red card against Villa didn't help in that game, and losing Jack O'Connell long term, and  Lys Mousset and John Fleck short  to medium term is causing us headaches.  We don't have the strength in depth of other teams (Arsenal bringing on a 70 million quid player, off the bench, a few weeks ago!) and that is just a  fact of life we have to deal with.

I think it will get worse before it gets better, but as Aston Villa know very well, sometimes you just need a bit of luck to stay up in this league.

We need the rub of the green.

Edited by Alextopman

20 hours ago, Grappler said:

It's been a tough start, no doubt about it.  Egan's crazy red card against Villa didn't help in that game, and losing Jack O'Connell long term, and  Lys Mousset and John Fleck short  to medium term is causing us headaches.  We don't have the strength in depth of other teams (Arsenal bringing on a 70 million quid player, off the bench, a few weeks ago!) and that is just a  fact of life we have to deal with.

I think it will get worse before it gets better, but as Aston Villa know very well, sometimes you just need a bit of luck to stay up in this league.

Heard Wilder this morning say Mousset is a good 6 weeks+ from setting foot on a pitch for training.  Then he'll have to get fully match fit. 

I think at that rate, it'll be mid January at the earliest before we see him? 

Every time someone gets injured it seems as if it a major blow.  I can see it with JOC, but Mousett was used sparingly, and not really trusted for 90 mins anyway!  We've got 2 other forwards in anyway in Burke and Brewster, so even fit he may not have got on the pitch.   Fleck is out, but had not been first choice shortly before he got injured. Moore is only 3rd choice keeper, and the new fullback was in his first game!

Nobody seems to want to mention Covid either.  Around 8/10 players a week are  testing positive for COVID in Premier League squads - so expect to see odd omissions from match-day squads from players.  Whether the clubs will tell us, or hide behind "minor knocks", "personal reasons", or similar, I don't know.