Sheffield United V Relegation

We're 100% going down if we don't sign a striker who's going to bag us around 15 goals. 

Fantastic posts so far.....

Remember we can only comment on the games so far and that being said it's not looking good....

It's hard to get out of a losing streak in football players confidence can drop and that's the last thing any team needs....

24 minutes ago, Padders said:

Exactly my thoughts Nervy, not a good start......

Plenty of assumptions were being made about you guys getting into Europe last season, going on your performances it was a fair enough assumption.

3 games, 0 goals and 0 points means people will fear the worst for you. It's too early to worry too much yet though, not a good run of games after Fulham for you.

3 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Are things that desperate now? He seemed to disappear from the face of the earth, did he go to Turkey? I can't remember now.

Edit- had to google it, left Trabszon in March and now training with Kidsgrove (IIRC) wherever that is, sounds like a good fit to me.😀

I read the same or similar. Deal sorted but Liverpool getting annoyed with stalling tactics when it came time to put the money up. Looking like they'll go with the cheap option and get Sturridge in, must be getting to squeaky bum time now, spent all this money and not a point on the board yet. They need to beat Fulham as the following 3 games look tough.

I don't think that signing Sturridge would be the answer either.  31 years old, now looks injury prone & last contract terminated due to betting irregularities.  It'd just be a waste of money, whatever we'd have to pay him & his agent & we know that the Blades hierarchy are determined not to splash the cash unnecessarily, although when you tot up the millions we have already paid out, (or eventually will have to pay out), the sums are mind-boggling, when you consider what we were paying for players, 3 to 4 years ago?  But we're in the Premiership now but Remember what Wilder said a few days ago?  We'd need to be in the Premiership for a good 5 seasons before we could financially complete with the bigger clubs. 

I'd rather have a younger player like Brewster who will definitely have a bit of pace but now reading that he's having talks with Crystal Palace.  I know it's Wikipedia but Sturridge's page is saying he's joining United. 

Edited by Baron99

The fact that we have a thread on here, shows the concern over the threat of relegation but hopefully we can turn it around?  For me, it's easier to stay in the Premiership, (you only have to make sure you're above 3 other teams), than to battle your way out of the Championship? 

However, the managerial merry-go-round usually kicks in around game 10 & if you look at our next 7 games, the way we're playing at the moment, realistically, we only stand a chance of getting anything out of 3 of those, against, Fulham, West Ham & West Brom?  Although of course, it's football, it can be unpredictable, as we know. 

After 3 games, given the opposition we've faced, realistically at worse, I'd have thought we'd have at least been on 4 points? 

A goalscorer is vital for any team  and blades have lacked one since the start of last season, finishing 9th last year is history now. We've needed a goalscorer since the start of last season,  and yet we still haven't sorted it one year on, too many lads signed imo who CW thinks he can polish up from a pebble to a gold nugget, Morrison, Bryan,Rodwell,Mousset etc, this is the premiership and we need to sign quality. I know its hard for CW to spend the cash, but what are the alternatives, relegation?, we aren't going to be able to spend £40m on a player so I'd try for someone like Deeney,  a proven scorer with premiership experience,  offer £10m plus bonuses for staying up, ok wages might be £5m a year,  but what are we paying Jags to sit on the bench?, and that  £15m could mean survival , so its covered!, I'm afraid Mcgoldrick, Mousset & McBurnie aren't the answer,imo

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

The fact that we have a thread on here, shows the concern over the threat of relegation but hopefully we can turn it around?  For me, it's easier to stay in the Premiership, (you only have to make sure you're above 3 other teams), than to battle your way out of the Championship? 

However, the managerial merry-go-round usually kicks in around game 10 & if you look at our next 7 games, the way we're playing at the moment, realistically, we only stand a chance of getting anything out of 3 of those, against, Fulham, West Ham & West Brom?  Although of course, it's football, it can be unpredictable, as we know. 

After 3 games, given the opposition we've faced, realistically at worse, I'd have thought we'd have at least been on 4 points? 

I'd of expected you to be on 3 at least. Wolves was always going to be tough but you'd of expected to beat villa and Leeds before the season kicked off. Villa you should really of took a point even with the sending off and Leeds you deserved a point by sounds of it. Maybe with a decent goalscorer in there you might of got the 4 points you'd of expected. 

If Sturridge is the answer, I can't understand what the question must be.

What about proven goalscorers, currently playing in decent football leagues?  Pukki at Norwich for example

20 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

If Sturridge is the answer, I can't understand what the question must be.

What about proven goalscorers, currently playing in decent football leagues?  Pukki at Norwich for example

Well I said the moment that Norwich's relegation was confirmed, Utd should have made a double swoop for Pukki & his mate, Hernández. 

Moving up the table, now of the bottom.

Lost again not looking good at all.....