Sheffield United V Relegation

1 hour ago, atticus said:

So Wilder’s the new Warnock 🤣

Nice try

I don't think the two can be compared. Let's be right, how negative was Warnock when he got you up. The style of football is chalk and cheese. Jurys still out on wilder wether he can bring the quality of players in you need to stay up long term but that's the only comparison you can make between the two

5 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I don't think the two can be compared. Let's be right, how negative was Warnock when he got you up. The style of football is chalk and cheese. Jurys still out on wilder wether he can bring the quality of players in you need to stay up long term but that's the only comparison you can make between the two

Totally true. I feel that, whilst Warnock was regarded in very high regard as a hero at SUFC at the time by most fans -  that view has become more diminished now, in hindsight.

Lets be honest - Warnock was a liability at times for that club. Too much mouth, too much moaning, and often employing negative tactics towards the end. You can't fault the guy for his passion and love of the club, but at times he just became an embarrassment.

A better comparison to Wilder would probably be Bassett...not Warnock.

Edited by PapaLazarou

Football, like life, is a journey.  You  know where you've been and where you are, but you can only speculate on the future.  Those who have known lows as well as highs have a better perspective, and see the future differently from those who have only seen success.

There are a body of Man City supporters who, like us, have known life in the lower divisions.  They have a saying "We're not really here!", that sums their thoughts up, and I'm full praise for them.

Let's enjoy the Blades Premier League years while we've got them, watch and support the club (sadly at present- only remotely).  Yes, we over-achieved last year, and yes there is such as thing as second season syndrome, but nobody will work harder to stay up than the Blades, and let's all enjoy the journey!

10 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Football, like life, is a journey.  You  know where you've been and where you are, but you can only speculate on the future.  Those who have known lows as well as highs have a better perspective, and see the future differently from those who have only seen success.

There are a body of Man City supporters who, like us, have known life in the lower divisions.  They have a saying "We're not really here!", that sums their thoughts up, and I'm full praise for them.

Let's enjoy the Blades Premier League years while we've got them, watch and support the club (sadly at present- only remotely).  Yes, we over-achieved last year, and yes there is such as thing as second season syndrome, but nobody will work harder to stay up than the Blades, and let's all enjoy the journey!

Can't argue with that👍

Just heard that O'Connell is due an operation on Wednesday & could possibly be out for the rest of the season.  Terrible news. 

That's a bit blow at this stage & a big man-shaped hole to fill.  Never rains but it pours. 

We've replaced him again with the other Jack, Robinson.  We've lost out on height (JR is only about 5'6"), strength and overlapping runs, but gained in speed and a long throw.  JR has done well for us before, so I expect him to again.  The problem is whether we get goals!

15 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

We've replaced him again with the other Jack, Robinson.  We've lost out on height (JR is only about 5'6"), strength and overlapping runs, but gained in speed and a long throw.  JR has done well for us before, so I expect him to again.  The problem is whether we get goals!

That was the problem last season & it's obviously the problem already this season.  Reports reckon we've shown interest in Daniel Sturridge? 

12 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

That was the problem last season & it's obviously the problem already this season.  Reports reckon we've shown interest in Daniel Sturridge? 

What do you think to that? Not the kind of signing United should be looking at, better off taking a chance on Brewster

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Taking a £25m chance on a player? With Liverpool calling all the shots. They have moved the goalposts too many times! Very clever tactics from a club who can afford to play games.

They have stalled and tried to open a bidding war, initially valuing the player at £15m, then £20m and now £25m with more suitors rumoured. They then want to call the shots with the players continued future, with buy back clauses and sell on clauses.

The player has suddenly gone from a good young player / goal scoring prospect, albeit at Championship level. To a player who's price is probably now over inflated, with reduced value going forwards. Liverpool have the power to come back in and even take him back on reduced terms.  They know full well what they are doing.

I would happily take Brewster on the right terms, but I agree with Wilder and the boards stance if they aren't playing ball.

What I've read is Liverpool are happy to take an upfront payment (don't know how much) then rest over X amount of years. I agree it's abit high but that's the premiership for you. 

Whatever happens with Brewster I don't think sturridge is the answer for you guys, surely must be better and less injury prone strikers out there

14 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

How many games are there in a season again?.

All assumptions....

Assumptions based on current results Monkes..

Wish I shared your optimism, but as they say-- It's a funny old game.

20 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

How many games are there in a season again?.

All assumptions....

Assumptions can only be made on what's been seen so far. 0 goals in 3 games is poor and while I agree it's too early to worry, you need to get out of losing before it becomes a habit. Fulham should be an ideal game to get a point or 3 on the board

13 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Assumptions can only be made on what's been seen so far. 0 goals in 3 games is poor and while I agree it's too early to worry, you need to get out of losing before it becomes a habit. Fulham should be an ideal game to get a point or 3 on the board

Exactly my thoughts Nervy, not a good start......