Which Tv Programmes Do You Switch Off ?

All the adverts are a turn off, its like a bad dream where I've woken up in the middle of Africa! 

12 minutes ago, pintor said:

All the adverts are a turn off, its like a bad dream where I've woken up in the middle of Africa! 

I tried watching ER on All4 box set  and oh my!  In the breaks the ads are on a loop, the same ones over and over for ages,  watching normal telly you can at least  escape them by switching channels,  that is where Netflix is better, Films ect not interupted.  Bliss. 

I have to say , all soaps ,(such doom & gloom ) . Any Game Shows ,  So called Comedians of today . 

Edited by nikki-red

39 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I have to say , all soaps ,(such doom & gloom ) . Any Game Shows ,  So called Comedians of today . 

People say Im looking through rose spectacle glasses when I mention things like the Comedians and Presenters are rubbish these days, Bruce Forsyth, Bob Monkhouse,  Morcambe and Wise, Porridge Steptoe, Rising Damp, Corra with Ena Sharples and co,  all mentioned and plenty not mentioned the list is too long were all in a class of their own,  Even Eastenders was good when it first started,  the standard of entertain has gone well and truely down the pan.  :roll:

Edited by nikki-red

10 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

People say Im looking through rose spectacle glasses when I mention things like the Comedians and Presenters are rubbish these days, Bruce Forsyth, Bob Monkhouse,  Morcambe and Wise, Porridge Steptoe, Rising Damp, Corra with Ena Sharples and co,  all mentioned and plenty not mentioned the list is too long were all in a class of their own,  Even Eastenders was good when it first started,  the standard of entertain has gone well and truely down the pan.  :roll:

Presley , I 100% agree with you . I used to love Enders  when it first started ,at least it had some humour & characters . And Corrie was always good for a laugh , what with Jack & Vera , Hilda & Stan , but now they all bore me to death . Ever since I got SKY I have never watched a single episode of any of them . The list you have , are fantastic , proper characters the lot 

Edited by nikki-red

It's exactly the same with music, 60s music is still popular today,

Wonder if they'll be playing todays music in 60 yrs time.

2 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Presley , I 100% agree with you . I used to love Enders  when it first started ,at least it had some humour & characters . And Corrie was always good for a laugh , what with Jack & Vera , Hilda & Stan , but now they all bore me to death . Ever since I got SKY I have never watched a single episode of any of them . The list you have , are fantastic , proper characters the lot 

I grew up on a cobbled street, backyard, outside toilet the  job lot. Watchin Elsie Tanner go at it with Ena Shaprples  brought fond memories of Pitsmoor flooding back.  Jacks Pidgeon Coit,  which I saw on the Granada Studio tour in the early 90s,  after walking along the street to the end I decided to nip around the back of the houses into the ginnel, I spotted the back of Jack and Vera's house then pulled myself up on the wall for a few seconds,  and it was there, the Duckworth Shrine, the Sacred Coit  :hihi: Then the security guard telled me to get down and rejoin the tour, I told him I had only come on the tour to see the Coit, he just laughed and said no probs mate,  I stopped watching the programme about five years ago as it started to decend into the state it is in now.  I have on the odd occasion tried to give it another go but to no avail.

2 hours ago, Padders said:

It's exactly the same with music, 60s music is still popular today,

Wonder if they'll be playing todays music in 60 yrs time.

Not a chance, It started going down hill in the 90s, probably why they axed Top of the Pops,  

On 19/11/2020 at 21:10, RiffRaff said:

Do we really need Masterchef on 3 times a week?!

Three hours, week after week.

Mrs.RR watches - but then, she watches anything - but the programme drives me mad, particularly Greg whatever-his-name-is.

What I am looking forward to is the programme about TV and film music composing, on BBC 4 (?) soon.

Actually, it turns out that it's just TV music, not film....this coming Friday 4th, 9pm BBC4.

Anything featuring Richard Ayoade, jesus christ that guy really grates on me

10 hours ago, pattricia said:

Anything with Jonathan Ross in it.! 

But what if  George Clooney was on the Jonathon Ross show,  :hihi:

19 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

But what if  George Clooney was on the Jonathon Ross show,  :hihi:

I doubt if he would go on a low class show like that.!