Which Tv Programmes Do You Switch Off ?

32 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Saturday and Sunday mornings are  the worst times, ridiculous ,  just don't know how Nigella Lawson has got back on our screens,  Im sure she is not using flour to make her cakes. :hihi:

Don't you mean Johnathan Woss,  :hihi:

Yes, that’s the one ! 

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

Yes, that’s the one ! 

Im not Keen on him but he is a big Elvis fan plus he put Bradley Walsh in his place on the Chase, so I'll let him off, :hihi:

On 22/11/2020 at 11:40, PRESLEY said:

Im not Keen on him but he is a big Elvis fan plus he put Bradley Walsh in his place on the Chase, so I'll let him off, :hihi:

His show last Saturday was appalling ! He had Michael McKintyre on ( enough said !) and the singing group Little Mix with one member missing.! Bring back Parkinson !

4 hours ago, pattricia said:

His show last Saturday was appalling ! He had Michael McKintyre on ( enough said !) and the singing group Little Mix with one member missing.! Bring back Parkinson !

His mother got him and his brother on telly when they were kids by queing up at Elstee studios which they lived next door to,  she would que for hours on end to audition them for any advert going, push push push, then she pushed her way in as an Extra on Eastenders Market.  Its the old story, once you get a foot in the door,  My god, she must have been wearing Pit Boots because both of the Wosses are Talentless. :roll:

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

His mother got him and his brother on telly when they were kids by queing up at Elstee studios which they lived next door to,  she would que for hours on end to audition them for any advert going, push push push, then she pushed her way in as an Extra on Eastenders Market.  Its the old story, once you get a foot in the door,  My god, she must have been wearing Pit Boots because both of the Wosses are Talentless. :roll:

Good for her. Show business is an extremely difficult nut to crack and people need that push push push to even get a look in.

I don't agree with this blanket word of "talentless". You may not personally like them and may not choose to watch them (...in fact neither do I really) however, nobody in a world as fickle and brutal as television gets a career spanning decades and multiple contracts if they have no Talent.

The fact is they still are deemed a sellable asset.   Even Paul Ross, who is clearly the less valuable of the brothers still gets a nice 6-figure salary fronting radio programs and and low rent presenting on Lidl level TV shows.

All the executives will care about is what draw they have - they must have enough for them to keep writing the cheques over the 1001 other talking heads available.

11 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Good for her. Show business is an extremely difficult nut to crack and people need that push push push to even get a look in.

I don't agree with this blanket word of "talentless". You may not personally like them and may not choose to watch them (...in fact neither do I really) however, nobody in a world as fickle and brutal as television gets a career spanning decades and multiple contracts if they have no Talent.

The fact is they still are deemed a sellable asset.   Even Paul Ross, who is clearly the less valuable of the brothers still gets a nice 6-figure salary fronting radio programs and and low rent presenting on Lidl level TV shows.

All the executives will care about is what draw they have - they must have enough for them to keep writing the cheques over the 1001 other talking heads 

Thats your opinion, here is mine,  two popular sayings cover these two whom I deem talentless, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear and you can't polish a t---.   Like I say, IMO

Edited by PRESLEY

On 22/11/2020 at 11:40, PRESLEY said:

He’s a massive Elvis fan

I hear that Pump It Up is his favourite song 

6 hours ago, Pettytom said:

He’s a massive Elvis fan

I hear that Pump It Up is his favourite song 

What,  like your Ego,    😁

Other than some BBC4 and Sky Arts music, art and architecture documentaries and the odd movie on Talking Pictures TV (often good) or the Horror Channel (offer not good!) and some Channel 4 News and some US car restoration shows I think I switch over most everything.  I tend to leave the TV on mute and listen to music and scroll through the channels on the remote occasionally to see if I catch something worth turning up the volume on. 😁

Most presenter types infuriate me and programmes that could be interesting are spoiled by them - and the corny way they are packaged to attract casual viewers.

I don't worry about ensuring that I see something now.  If I do, fine.  If not, also fine.  Life's too short.

Well after last night I now switch off “ I’m A Celebrity” ! 

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

Well after last night I now switch off “ I’m A Celebrity” ! 

I gave it up as a bad job a few days ago.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I gave it up as a bad job a few days ago.

They can vote all the lot off em off together instead of one at a time,  it has got to be the worst year EVER,  boring so called Celebs and ridiculous settings. :roll: