Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Club Waters Close To Sheff 13

Recommended Posts

Jef51 posted #14 that the bottom pond at Carter hall as had the carp from the top pond transferred down. 

Just another excuse I know, maybe I'm trying to be too picky Dave, I just want a nice comfortable venue with few or no carp.

If I could manage Dam Flask I'd be up there like a shot. It always surprises me that a water like the Flask is hardly fished, just too difficult for me to access. The same access trouble prevents me from fishing the Don or Rother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/10/2020 at 16:03, tinfoilhat said:

Keeps me home!

 

KJS Aston often has matches but can be quiet when there isn't. You can park near the dam wall and fish from there. Short walk, easy access - but near the road. Might be worth a look though.

 

Harlesthorpe dam (I know we are getting further and further away) has a decent stamp of silvers and easy access on one side near the car park at least. Needed to be there early doors in the summer to get a peg. 

Whilst matches have been halted through this lockdown I've  been fishing the dam wall  pond a couple and even three times a  week, the weather has been kind for this time of the year and have bagged up with quality fish every visit, its been a good get out of jail card through out this latest lockdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the dam wall at KJS Aston. I know Aston very well. Both KJS and Aston Park, both good fisheries.

I stopped going there because of the state of the road, it never used to bother me much but it just got worse every week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr Hinks said:

Is this the dam wall at KJS Aston. I know Aston very well. Both KJS and Aston Park, both good fisheries.

I stopped going there because of the state of the road, it never used to bother me much but it just got worse every week. 

Yes me 2 what state its in everybody should boycott the place a disgrace 

3 hours ago, Mr Hinks said:

Is this the dam wall at KJS Aston. I know Aston very well. Both KJS and Aston Park, both good fisheries.

I stopped going there because of the state of the road, it never used to bother me much but it just got worse every week. 

 

 

57 minutes ago, spider1 said:

Yes me 2 what state its in everybody should boycott the place a disgrace 

 

Something wrong when the owner expects people to drive down that Boycott it worst in england 

Edited by spider1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, spider1 said:

Something wrong when the owner expects people to drive down that Boycott it worst in england 

True it is bad l,  I usually go through the bottom gate past the Snake, its a bit easier on the car,  but you really have to take your time driving to the shop.  

Edited by PRESLEY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

True it is bad l,  I usually go through the bottom gate past the Snake, its a bit easier on the car,  but you really have to take your time driving to the shop.  

No better its a disgrace we have stopped booking matches there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, spider1 said:

No better its a disgrace we have stopped booking matches there 

I agree it is a disgrace,  it spoils a good venue,  then on top of that the top ponds, lily,  stable ect  are being spoilt by moving the  Carp around,  quite a few have started using the snake, dam wall ponds even though they have got permits for the topens, at  £80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think Ken at KJS doesn't move fish, the team at the springs fishery moved fish from the snake up to pond two.

I think they were having trouble from poachers taking fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mr Hinks said:

Don't think Ken at KJS doesn't move fish, the team at the springs fishery moved fish from the snake up to pond two.

I think they were having trouble from poachers taking fish.

I take it pond two is the big one(Dam wall)  I heard the same about the Poachers  taking out of the Snake,    the Dam Wall  is fishing well,  Ive had some good days there over the last six weeks, quality fish,  Rumour has it Alex has moved all the Carp  up to the Lilly,  a couple of months ago I fished the Stable and then a couple of days later the Split,  plenty of F1s were being caught but no Carp. Thats why I started fishing  the Dam Wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Alex has not moved all the carp up to the lily. He has just moved fish of between 10lb to 20lb, really 20lb fish are tackle breakers for match men. He added them to lily to compliment the 30s he's stocked in lily. In total he shifted 80 of the bigger fish.

Why anyone would put fish of that size in a pond baffles me it will most certainly stop me from fishing there. 

So far as I know no fish were removed from stable.

The KJS dam wall as it's called, as there been any bream catches or is it only carp.

The poaching that occurred was from pond two, the big pond. Snake is pond five, the fish were removed from five up to two like I said.

There's one rule. The venue owners can move what they like when they like. The fish are theirs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't take any notice of anything written on a forum, go up to Aston Park and chat to Alex he'll tell you what you want to know. He doesn't keep things quiet he sticks to legal guide lines.

Not so sure about Ken at the Springs seems a bit aloof.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Hinks said:

Don't take any notice of anything written on a forum, go up to Aston Park and chat to Alex he'll tell you what you want to know. He doesn't keep things quiet he sticks to legal guide lines.

Not so sure about Ken at the Springs seems a bit aloof.

 

Its not on the Forum where Ive heard the things I mentioned, its down at aston its self,  you hear different  things from different people so I just take what I hear with a pinch of salt  and just tackle up and fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.