Club Waters Close To Sheff 13

Anyone please.

I'm looking for club waters close to my area, I know of the commercials. I want a little more seclusion that commercials certainly don't offer. Preferably no carp.

Mobility is an issue, I can get to venues close to home so long as they are flat with hardly any walking.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Try Aston ponds just off A57 near wales bar.

Not fished it personally, but reviews are good.

Try Howbrook Res!! 30-40 min drive from S13.

Aston is far too busy with this furlough thing, Boris is buying votes that he'll never get. All commercials aren't to my liking with the numbers of anglers fishing them. I've spent some very busy days on both Springs and Park at Aston also Kiveton at present they are just too busy.

Howbrook is very interesting and would be perfect for me if it was a little nearer home. 

I was after something a little more private and taxing than the mostly carp venues.

This may be a bit far for you Spion cop near  Mansfield 4 lakes 1st one you come to is the silver fish pond  Roach bream rudd  the dominant species are the Ide. The next one you come to is 20 pegs Barble chub carp bream. Gated access no waiting for gates to open if you are a member you have your own key most pegs you can park at the back of your peg

Treeton Dyke? Never fished it but its a club water not far away from you.

Further afield is poolsbrook - just off M1. If you're a member you can drive and unload behind most pegs. If you aren't a member you've got a long walk! 

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Treeton Dyke? Never fished it but its a club water not far away from you.

Further afield is poolsbrook - just off M1. If you're a member you can drive and unload behind most pegs. If you aren't a member you've got a long walk! 

Treeton dyke car behind you every peg been going 15 years nice peacefull not expensive  .Ask for tony    07961 177648   bream   roach  full tench  and some carp but not a carp water 

Fusion ponds on the Sheepbridge industrial estate were  quite nice and secluded and you could park quite close to the first pond or Barlow lakes 

Edited by DaveGas

What about the top pond at Carterhall fisheries at Gleadless town End. A small pond that does contain carp but also quality ide and other silver fish ,the odd small barbel and possible small bream and tench. Booking only though  ....Jill 07469256987. 

Thanks everyone.

I think Carterhall looks good though I have fished there, before the bottom pond was dug.

I think a look at Treeton dyke may be just what I want.

They are both near to home.

Treeton looked perfect with the right stocking for me with plenty of roach and bream, it would be too tricky for me to negotiate the banks so I had to give it the knock back disappointingly.

Carterhall bottom pond may work, the top pond is far too far for me to walk.

I had a drive with my wife up to Phyllis lake, it's on the same road as the Straight Mile. It used to belong to the police. Now it's changed hands it's a day ticket water, The Straight Mile holds a lot of roach so that could be worth a shot. Cooler weather will see those who fill the pegs on local fisheries stay home so a bit more room will begin to open up.

Both Fusion ponds and Barlow are too far from my home I'd have difficulty getting my wife to leave me there Dave in case of emergencies.

4 hours ago, Mr Hinks said:

Treeton looked perfect with the right stocking for me with plenty of roach and bream, it would be too tricky for me to negotiate the banks so I had to give it the knock back disappointingly.

Carterhall bottom pond may work, the top pond is far too far for me to walk.

I had a drive with my wife up to Phyllis lake, it's on the same road as the Straight Mile. It used to belong to the police. Now it's changed hands it's a day ticket water, The Straight Mile holds a lot of roach so that could be worth a shot. Cooler weather will see those who fill the pegs on local fisheries stay home so a bit more room will begin to open up.

Both Fusion ponds and Barlow are too far from my home I'd have difficulty getting my wife to leave me there Dave in case of emergencies.

Peg one is flat best to reverse up to it fish out of car also peg just before you go through gate  reverse round pull into lay by dead flat also peg 20 yards lower down opp little lake you can get car side of you all good pegs i always have car no father than 12 feet away ever