R.I.P Johnny Quinn

R.I.P Johnny , always gave what he had  for the team  and the fans would respomd  with the song " THE MIGHTY QUINN"

Condolences to family and friends. Not forgetting his ALLSTARS.

Edited by ALAN 58

I seem to remember he was in the army when he first played for Wednesday and he had a sports shop near the ground with Gerry Young after his playing days. 
RIP John.

If my memory serves me well Johnny Quinn lived on Taplin Road in the early 1960s and used to hand out tickets for reserve matches to the local kids.  Although I was a Unitedite I took advantage of this when offered as it was the only way I was going to see a match at Hillsborough.  He was a really nice fellow.  In my year at Hillsborough Primary School was Bobby Quinn, who I believe was related to Johnny.  Bobby was goalie in the school team.  Johnny was very approachable but of course in those days footballers were working class, not the highfaluting celebrities of today.   Memories! RIP Johnny!

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

I seem to remember he was in the army when he first played for Wednesday and he had a sports shop near the ground with Gerry Young after his playing days. 
RIP John.

Yes Jim, I believe he was in Germany when in the army and the Owls used to pay to fly him back and forth on a weekend pass for some games. RIP John.

RIP     john you will be sadly missed,but thanks for the great memorys

RIP Johnny Quinn. How many of the 1966 FA Cup final team are still with us?

From memory ........Springett, Smith, Megson, Quinn, Ellis (Mobley), Young, Pugh, McCalliog, Fantham, Usher (?),