18,000 Clicked On Sheff Care Jobs(Indeed) From July, But.

Thats just on Indeed, 18,000 clicked on Sheffield care posts on indeed, from July (Indeed Analytics) , 72 jobs received clicks,

18000! thats 260 per job,

The Guardian report that students are nr breakdown with financial stress due to losing PT work, etc

But, many people looking for carers(on direct payments) are not getting them, even responses to their ads( which are very expensive on the awful REED, indeed basic is free) are these job hunters not happy with the wages, average 9.18 an hr,

the conditions? Most clicked agancy is IBK(15%)

18000 is quite a lots of click, is that all they are?

Edited by gamezone07

Hi Mods, this is not a niche issue, huge amount work in the field, lots of families have people who need care , it really is for wider discussion, council members?

surely this board is for specific issues, not general ones

oh, and many disabled and sick people won't look at a board thats discusses PIP, etc(till they need to) they find it too upsetting/triggering.

Edited by gamezone07

OP,
I understand where you are coming from.

Caring for another person is not easy. It is not easy on the mind. In fact it can make the carer ill. I feel it takes a special type of person to do that sort of job. I could not do it, some people can.

I agree, mostly, and to that end, such carers should be well supported under Sheffield councils direct payment scheme, sadly they aren't, but neither are the clients: we are aware of people having money stolen, carers not turning up, gaslighting their clients, on the carer side, there is little support if any for them as SCC see them as independent entities as they are employed by the disabled or sick person directly, this allows them, SCC, to pass the buck.  They also only can recieve, and the client is only given, the minimum wage to pay carers, which for an important and complex job is really not enough.

Edited by gamezone07

Guest busdriver1

There are also some "Care companies" that flout rules and regulations and skimp on training. I have direct experience of one - not in Sheffield - but they do operate in Sheffield so it is possible they operate the same way there. 

Strangely they always seem to be advertising for staff, cant think why.

I mean wouldn't you want to work 14 hours and get paid for 6?

The care system has been in a huge mess for a long time. 

The government know it too, and are continually promising to fix it. 

But years pass, people get old and die, and still nothing gets done.

What has happened to the many inquiries, papers, investigations, and studies into the creaking, inadequate care system?

When are they going to come up with a plan?

Edited by Anna B