Serious Incident On Lodge Lane, S10 18/09/2020

My friend lives at Lodge Moor and said that  Lodge Lane was blocked off by the police today who said there was a serious police incident today. Anyone know anything about it ?

Edited by nikki-red

I've just been past and police are still blocking it off, it's at the top about 50 yards from the Redmires road junction. Heard a lot of sirens going past at around 3 o'clock so a few hours ago now. Caught a glimpse of officers in white overalls around the crashed car, which doesn't look good.

4 minutes ago, Colin Foster said:

I've just been past and police are still blocking it off, it's at the top about 50 yards from the Redmires road junction. Heard a lot of sirens going past at around 3 o'clock so a few hours ago now. Caught a glimpse of officers in white overalls around the crashed car, which doesn't look good.

Thank you Colin. I have relatives who live on Redmires Rd, and they asked me to post about it on here. What do the white overalls mean ?

Well I don't know for certain it could mean nothing but would suggest it's serious if they're still examining the scene.

It is now being reported that the individual in the vehicle was a 63 year old female but no further details re the cause of the fire have been released. Police are not looking for anyone else. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-54237160

Edited by Guest

An inquest has found that the lady in the vehicle, Rosemary Broomhead, died by suicide. The article below reports that Mrs Broomhead co-owned Broomhead’s Fish and Chips in Crookes.  Condolences to her family and friends. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/people/beloved-sheffield-grandmother-and-fish-and-chip-shop-owner-died-in-rivelin-car-fire-3232194

Did they really require an inquest to determine this? It was obvious what had happened, must have been torture for the family to go over it all again 8 months later!

This is tragic. The couple of reports I read about it dont think its anything but suicide, which means that she was still awake when she set fire to the car?

I assume (or possibly hope) that she’d somehow knocked herself out before the flames got to her.  I feel for her and her family.