Graves Park Rats

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

OMG its awfull if thats true,where were they near the kids area or cafe?

Mainly down by the ponds, I saw quite a few.  I got talking to someone who said the animal farm is full of them now too.

Last time I was in the animal farm they had stopped selling bags of animal feed to the public to try and help control the rats. I saw a couple of rats by the ponds too. The traps obviously didn't work when they were put down (or got filled with expanding foam). Is that true about the cats or just a rumour?

no catherine said they had 8 ferreal cats helping sort it out,shes in charge there as well

That's great news that Catherine is in charge there and will sort it out. She managed to eradicate the playing of cricket in Graves Park . She simply appeared and told the cricket team to take their stuff and don't come back.   

well thats not very nice to our summer sport is it,i run the lowedges festival and i love graves park but me and the wife wont go in graves park because of the rats and shes in charge of our areas parks and she was visiting checking greenhill park with the local police ect ,and i introduced myself and asked her about roland and his friends and she said its sorted as i have 8 ferral cats and it was only because the ratman could not do his job because of covid,i didnt see any in may time on my last visit,but its rat park as normal,re-cricket pitch greenhill park has a magnificent circular tree lined area that used to be a cricket pitch and the pitch can still be seen,the waters there as well,and theres a big pavilion,but its the cost of the upkeep that could be a problem,i presume its the cost at graves park as well,our bowlers have to pay to have there green cut even.

For over ten years I’ve seen plenty of rats in Graves Park.  I only go occasionally now but it’s certainly off putting with the rats.  I know they are everywhere but in the park they’re just not bothered by people anymore and just run out in front of you.  

Maybe the  recent release of pythons in Graves Park is part of the rat eradication programme.

What a great name for a kid’s football team. 🤙

On 01/08/2022 at 09:21, misspedantic said:

That's great news that Catherine is in charge there and will sort it out. She managed to eradicate the playing of cricket in Graves Park . She simply appeared and told the cricket team to take their stuff and don't come back.   

Catherine sounds like a charmer . Who is she ?

I gather that the  Rattus Norvegicus Appreciation League will be having a march through the park next week. Brown rats came to this island as illegal immigrants around 1720 or so.  THe Home Secretary is yet to comment. 

Is there a Pied Piper in the Town Hall?  If so he should be tuning up, there's a job in S8. 

On second thoughts, a good job for the Chief Executive.

On third thoughts there must have been two brown rats, you can work out what happened subsequently.

😎

Edited by Cyclecar
Typo typo

its a disgrace really and is very serious danger and could lead to human deaths