Graves Park Rats

Just now, katekate said:

I agree there are rats all over Sheffield.  The thing I notice with Graves Park is when I see them there seems to be a few together.  Another place i see them is City Road Cemetary.  I was once at a burial and there was a huge rat behind the vicar, it then disappeared into one of the broken graves.  Also there are quite a few in Asda car park on Queens Road. 

A quick google reveals,

Rats are a delicacy and fetch a high price in,

Cambodia, Ghana, China, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand.

Perhaps Basset would like to join me in exporting them.

Having read that, wonder why we don't eat them?

3 hours ago, Padders said:

A quick google reveals,

Rats are a delicacy and fetch a high price in,

Cambodia, Ghana, China, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand.

Perhaps Basset would like to join me in exporting them.

Having read that, wonder why we don't eat them?

Even coated in herbs and garlic I don’t think that long tail would go down well.

Exporting them sounds great but cant understand myself why anyone would want to eat them!  

I have a cat who loves to catch them and believe me they are everywhere really big as well.

She bought one in alive the other day a particularly large one  and let it go in the house so had to get pest control in who confirmed the problem has got considerably worse over recent years with fast food or the disposing of it being a major contributing actor.

My cat keeps bringing them back as well and they are big.  Our block of houses have got them at the minute and one caught by next door was huge.

6 minutes ago, katekate said:

My cat keeps bringing them back as well and they are big.  Our block of houses have got them at the minute and one caught by next door was huge.

Not just Graves Park then, seems there everywhere, and huge.

Beware of the Super Rat.

best get a business plan together padders? rats are us?,joking aside has anyone from the friends of graves park got any views? are they working with the parks dept,to remove them?

Went to Graves Park yesterday and only saw one rat by the pond, I was very surprised as I normally see quite a few.  A lot of the bushes have been cut around the pond so maybe this has helped.  Lots of the rat boxes though are still full of expanding foam.  

the rat boxes need sorting asap,good idea  to cut bushes down,but those boxes need sorting,dont they have a friends of graves park group? i believe they have,they also need bins with lids,good litter picks and signage and your cat sounds a good hunter,could do with a few of them.

All they really need are fewer idiots that leave/scatter food lying around.

i agree with that,as they leave food ect,in the rose garden,bread at the pond ect,ect and its there over night,same with bins,also a bad place is the kids area,lets hope its sorted as a man said to me at 6pm onwards the rose garden is a rat playground,i really want to visit my favourite park again,but minus roland rat and his pals.

just read really big issues in the last week ,on another site,they said they are running riot and the council have stepped in hard,i would go and look,but i hate them,somthing about a couple sat on a bench near the pond and 2 ran over there feet and the rose garden in the day time,but council working hard,but it needs the publics help,lets hope it gets sorted so i can visit again,any other reports folks.