Graves Park Rats

I've seen them in Graves Park for years,  maybe they have been noticed more as we were in lockdown  and people were using the park more.  They are probably in most park's but Graves is the only one I have noticed them in.

it could be covid 19 as they couldnt put bait down in march,but whatever it is it needs sorting as they are running riot and it spreads disease

Agree likely to be COVID related as well as the warm summer.Parks as well as the Peak District have been over run with people many having bbq‘and picnics and  some showing  very little respect leaving food debris and litter behind.

i agree we need to be more responsible for our action and ways,we dispose of food ,when we visit parks,the countryside as all pests/vermin thrive when we just discard waste food on the streets,parks ect,so i fully agree ,we the public need to help the vermin man everywhere and dispose of food sensibly and all this can be sorted,not fully ,but its a start.

to whom it may concern,what nasty persons decided it was a great idea to fill in the rat bait boxes with foam,so making things worse,its also going to cost the sheffield tax payer extra money and endanger lives to visitors of this fantastic park,shame on you,weils disease endangers life,its awfull

5 minutes ago, bassett one said:

to whom it may concern,what nasty persons decided it was a great idea to fill in the rat bait boxes with foam,so making things worse,its also going to cost the sheffield tax payer extra money and endanger lives to visitors of this fantastic park,shame on you,weils disease endangers life,its awfull

Rightly or wrongly, some people believe that animals should be protected whatever the circumstances.

In this case wrongly.

i love animals to padders,like most,but not at the expense of human life,same view as yourself,and if i am correct it affects babys/toddlers worse and its a awfull waste of life,so come on folks,take home excess food and lets rid the park of rats and use it as its a great park and is sheffields biggest park.

You stand more chance of catching Covid19 in Graves Park than anything from rats.

5 hours ago, enntee said:

You stand more chance of catching Covid19 in Graves Park than anything from rats.

Was thinking similar.

Pretty sure your life is far more at risk driving to the park than getting killed by rats! 

As someone who has lost a family member to the disease carried by rats I certainly wouldn't let my children play in Graves Park.  On my last visit there were five in the children's play area.  I to am an animal lover but these are pests and need controlling in our parks.  

Edited by katekate

8 hours ago, katekate said:

As someone who has lost a family member to the disease carried by rats I certainly wouldn't let my children play in Graves Park.  On my last visit there were five in the children's play area.  I to am an animal lover but these are pests and need controlling in our parks.  

Probably shouldn't let them play in your garden either, just in case. 

Or let them near any other children.

If they had the same problem in the grounds of Buckingham Palace, or some other Royal Residence, they would be eradicated as soon as possible, no expense spared.