Cost To Remove Wasp Nest

I have just noticed a lot of wasps around the air brick under my bathroom window, can anyone tell me the approximate cost for spraying or removal and who to contact.  many thanks

1 hour ago, kay1 said:

I have just noticed a lot of wasps around the air brick under my bathroom window, can anyone tell me the approximate cost for spraying or removal and who to contact.  many thanks

I wouldn’t do a thing. They will be gone in a month’s time and they don’t come back.

Would a spray can of nest destroyer or powder not be cheaper?

Spray it around the entrance to the nest from a distance and leave. Job done.

Just keep your bathroom window shut for a couple of weeks. As Jim said, they’ll be gone soon. You might like to block up the opening to the nest to stop a repeat next year, but the chances are that they won’t be back.

Don't block the air brick, you can get a fine insect mesh to stop a return.

Leave em be,soon the season will be over

Edited by butlers

10 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Would a spray can of nest destroyer or powder not be cheaper?

Spray it around the entrance to the nest from a distance and leave. Job done.

I am over 80  so would be unable to reach, to be honest I dont feel safe using a step ladder after so many falls

9 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Just keep your bathroom window shut for a couple of weeks. As Jim said, they’ll be gone soon. You might like to block up the opening to the nest to stop a repeat next year, but the chances are that they won’t be back.

I have watched them and they are going through the little holes in the air brick so it cant be blocked off

To be honest blocking it would be a bad idea..they might well find a way into the house via skirting board/ floor and be less than happy.

I blocked one on a heavily used doorway and could hear them chomping at the wooden frame from the inside

8 minutes ago, butlers said:

Don't block the air brick, you can get a fine insect mesh to stop a return.

Leave em be,soon the season will be over

Many thanks I will get the mesh and get someone  to put it over when the little blighters have gone, thanks for the tip

The grills for bathroom fans and tumble driers gave it built in a and it's my happy job to clear em out every so often.

For what it's worth amongst our buildings there were 4 wasp nest last year but none of those sites were used this year,so in all likelihood doing nothing is the right thing to do with the happy outcome of spending nothing too

When we had a wasps nest under the kitchen floor and they entered via an air brick I sprayed a whole aerosol of wasp spray through the air brick then covered it with cling film for a couple of days. Job done.

23 hours ago, Longcol said:

When we had a wasps nest under the kitchen floor and they entered via an air brick I sprayed a whole aerosol of wasp spray through the air brick then covered it with cling film for a couple of days. Job done.

No dont cover entrance they will go crazy sting you leave em alone gone soon enough

16 hours ago, spider1 said:

No dont cover entrance they will go crazy sting you leave em alone gone soon enough

Strangely enough my mother has been having issues with wasps these last couple of days. Says she's found dozens in various rooms.

Leaving them alone is fine, but she (and others) is terrified of them. Some people can't relax knowing they could get in, so removal is the best option for them.