Relocating From Bristol To Sheffield, Need Help!

3 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Hmm. Maybe not. Do you already have a binding contract with L?

ahh no, we didn't get as far as that, and to be honest, i don't have the energy at the moment to put up a fight!

the search continues..! 

Search price range £500 to £575 in S11 for example  gives a few options that look OK. Less than £500 there are very few available that aren't sharing,

On 30/09/2020 at 13:45, Bilge said:

Search price range £500 to £575 in S11 for example  gives a few options that look OK. Less than £500 there are very few available that aren't sharing,

there's a handful of okay ones, like you say. this one came on today, https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/85383496

is that area okay? from what i understand brincliffe, nether edge, sharrow, are nicer the further away from abbeydale road you are; this is fairly close. i like that it's a victorian conversion though!

Looks a nice one to me.  

so i had to be out of my current place five days ago and didn't manage to secure anything up there :(

i've found more lodgings here in bristol, move tomorrow. just gives me a bit more time without having to rush anything, and there's no minimum term so it's quite flexible if something suitable comes up.

again thanks everyone for the help and general friendliness, it is encouraging and appreciated! i shall keep looking!

On 02/10/2020 at 19:10, fluffed heroism said:

there's a handful of okay ones, like you say. this one came on today, https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/85383496

is that area okay? from what i understand brincliffe, nether edge, sharrow, are nicer the further away from abbeydale road you are; this is fairly close. i like that it's a victorian conversion though!

That's a nice area as well, I wouldn't worry too much about renting in the 'wrong' area, you can't go too far wrong in that part of town

Hi. I’ve just joined and saw your OP. I’m working towards moving to Sheffield from Weston super Mare so I’m interested to see how you get on. I’ve been looking to buy in Crookes, Stannington, Walkley etc.  But it’s always tricky when you’re not that familiar with a place and living so far away makes viewing complicated.