Relocating From Bristol To Sheffield, Need Help!

Fair enough,  forgive my ignorance.  I would've thought you would be looking at a lot more money per month for a self-contained property in some of the aforementioned parts of Sheffield.  

hey everyone, i really appreciate your help and suggestions

the search goes on.. however i have seen one that i'm rather interested in on eccleshall road, it seems to have a load of nice qualities; halfway between the peak district and the city centre, a really nice park nearby (endcliffe park) which looks like a really good place for running, which i like to do a few times a week.. good selection of local shops, and from what i have seen online, seems like a fairly quiet area but possibly very studenty..

the place i've seen is about halfway between the park and eccleshall road south, near the greystones road junction. is this a good little area or am i going to have students partying all around me until 2am every night?

I work just across from Endcliffe Park and know the area very well. You're quite right - Ecclesall Road  is vibrant and has a good selection of shops and amenities. In estate agents speak  it's a" popular and much sought after area". The "studenty" bit tends to be further down Ecclesall Road toward the Hallam University campus. The area around Greystones is far more residential, with lots more families and fewer student lets, but check just in case!   Just be aware that due to the popularity the demand for rentals in this area is very high which often comes with a premium price. Good luck with your search.

1 hour ago, fluffed heroism said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/97506683

i just accepted this one! it's small, but everything else about the location seemed good!

Congrats! Really nice area, though Ecce rd is busy to live on. Endcliffe park is perfect and you can get all the way to the peaks along the valley.  

Hope you like Sheffield - it's a hard time to meet people! I'm sure they cycling clubs are still going out though

Its a great bit of Sheffield to live in. Walking  and cycling into the Peak District is sooo easy.  Good options for running. Good pubs such as The Union and The Greystones within walking distance.  40 min walk to town. I think Sharrowvale is wonderful, quirky little shops,  bars and restaurants.  I've lived all around Sheffield and currently live in Greystones and its definitely one of the best places to be. Good luck when you move here, I'm sure you'll really like it and the people too. 

21 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

Its a great bit of Sheffield to live in. Walking  and cycling into the Peak District is sooo easy.  Good options for running. Good pubs such as The Union and The Greystones within walking distance.

...and the Banner Cross!

hey, thanks for all your welcoming messages :) 

sadly, a few hours later after accepting this, i received the following email from the letting company:

"After initially accepting your application, independently of us, a friend of the landlord has approached wanting to rent the property.

The Landlord has decided to go with the other applicant, meaning she wants to withdraw from your application.

Your holding deposit of £92 will be refunded in 3-5 working days.

Apologies for the inconvenience."

So i'm back to square one!

17 hours ago, fluffed heroism said:

sadly, a few hours later after accepting this, i received the following email from the letting company:

"After initially accepting your application, independently of us, a friend of the landlord has approached wanting to rent the property.

The Landlord has decided to go with the other applicant, meaning she wants to withdraw from your application.

Sorry to hear that, so frustrating 

On 28/09/2020 at 14:49, fluffed heroism said:

Hmm. Maybe not. Do you already have a binding contract with L?