Changing Broadband Provider

Hi, I've been with TalkTalk from its inception of £10 per month. It has gotten too big for it's boots. I renegotiated a contract for a 'better' deal in May and everything went down hill from then on in. On reading which report of best provider last year, Zen, and subscribing for Which? this year, Zen came out second, only beaten by Utility Warehouse which was the only ISP to join the voluntary refund scheme for poor service - the only downside from my point of view is that you have to take out utilities and insurance to keep the cost down and pay rental for the router. I am arguing the case for early cancellation of contract for all the misery brought by there lack of service whose only response if they can't fix it is to send an engineer out. Welcome to ISP Bliss with zen - you speak to an IT technician who knows what they are doing, not a call centre working to a script, rebooting your router remotely to check things out, reading you account login and password details without you having to switch from the router login page to your email app. Had similar issues at first with Zen but they have sorted out what TT never could do. You pay a bit more but as with everything - you get what you pay for. Gone for the High Speed 1 bundle plus all inclusive calls (Line Rental Plus) so paying in total £36.50 a month, if you only need the Broadband then it's just £29.99 for 40 Mb download and 10 Mb upload. No point paying for a higher speed as we can only access FTTC not FTTH (Fiber To The Cabinet not Fiber To The House) as the speed will deteriorate from the cabinet down the copper wire to the phone/VDSL socket in the house. 🤩☺️

A few years ago I purchased a VDSL face plate to replace the standard telecom one and the tool to put the wires in place a couple of years ago to get ADSL/VDSL connectivity from this guy:

https://www.mymatevince.com/

Edited by swarfendor437

I am really enjoying Zen over TT - their help lines are open on weekends and Bank Holidays if needed. What you have to remember speed wise is that there will be some latency drop-off down the copper wire from the fibre cabinet unless you've got FTTH (Fibre To The Home). Also pleased to see that the firmware can be updated - now have WPA-2/-3 security on the router and Mesh Wi-fi updates. Zen contracts are for 12 months and they promise not to put the prices up at end of contract or during it.