Sign in to follow this  

Subscribing To Youtube Channels

I've subscribed to a few YouTube providers over the months, and my gmail address - using Thunderbird - would notify me when anything new had been uploaded.

All of a sudden, a fortnight ago, nothing. It's as if I've cancelled/clicked something to stop any updates from any of the channels.

If I have "cancelled" updates, I've done so accidently....but what?!

clicked the bell for each subscriber?

youtube being yooutube? wait until it unsubscribes you.... lol

2 hours ago, stimpy said:

clicked the bell for each subscriber?

Yup...been getting notifications for many months right across the board, but then "overnight", they all stopped!

I've just chosen 3 of them at random, and gone in to each of their channels - all 3 have uploaded stuff since I was last informed.

Stands to reason that the culprit is gmail, but I can't figure out what the problem is!

go to YT website, Click your profile pic at top right, then "Settings"

Then "Notifications" on the left, make sure the "Email notifications" thing is enabled, and also set anything else you want in here..

1 hour ago, Ghozer said:

go to YT website, Click your profile pic at top right, then "Settings"

Then "Notifications" on the left, make sure the "Email notifications" thing is enabled, and also set anything else you want in here..

I'll do just that! Thank you, Ghozer.

YouTube does randomly turn off notifications sometimes - I have subscribers to my channel complaining about it when they swear blind they've clicked the bell and everything else they can think of and think I've blocked them!