Toothpaste Gums

I have never got to test Sensodyne  for effectiveness because on the 2 occasions that I have used it, the pain in my teeth was terrible, all of my teeth felt as if I had chewed on a million ice cubes, I actually bought it again because I began to doubt that it could really be the toothpaste...it is, I have looked online and this also happens to other people so be aware.

Colgate sensitive (not the sensifoam one)  is a lot better no problems at all and it helps the sensitivity a lot.

I have what they call receding gums they are healthy but somethings irritate my gums / nerves the Dentist recommended any Sensodine tooth paste so I tried it to no avail she then asked me to try, Fluoride 5000ppm Toothpaste which is in a 51gram tube and contains 1gram of Fluoride as Sodium Fluoride per 5 grams, as well as the normal flavourings etc it also contains, Sodium Benzoate, Sorbitol Solution and Propylene Glycol used over a week morning and night it works hot drinks, ice cream no problem it's not ever lasting so you have to use it when ever your gums ache. The only thing is you can only get it on prescription not available in the shops and a warning of Do Not swallow.  It is sold through Morningside Health Care Leicester.

2 hours ago, MEC176 said:

I have what they call receding gums they are healthy but somethings irritate my gums / nerves

I am assuming that your gums are not "healthy".

If I had realised that my gums were receding, caused by gum disease, I may have taken more care 10+ years ago

On 13/09/2020 at 15:46, ECCOnoob said:

It's not really that hard or surprising.  Sensodyne and other similar products contain a sedative ingredient, potassium nitrate, which other brands don't.

I have bought some Colgate sensitive, they have their own chemicals to make teeth less senitive.

I am hoping it works, as it cost an extortionate amount of money.

18 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I have bought some Colgate sensitive, they have their own chemicals to make teeth less senitive.

I am hoping it works, as it cost an extortionate amount of money.

Fingers crossed it does work for you.  

I get what you say about the cost but I suppose it depends on how you're doing a comparison. If you're comparing to bog standard toothpaste then yes I suppose it is extortionate but if you are comparing it to what would be painkiller medication then perhaps its not so much.   

After all a simple prescription these days cost £9.  In fact even over the counter allergy or gastro  products can be nearly £6 pound so I guess it's all relative.

On 16/09/2020 at 17:18, El Cid said:

I am assuming that your gums are not "healthy".

If I had realised that my gums were receding, caused by gum disease, I may have taken more care 10+ years ago

My gum's are quite "healthy" thanks you do not have to have diseased

gum's for them to be receding.