Rip Fort Paull

RIP Fort Paull.

Just a brief history of Fort Paull for those who don't know.

Sat on the edge of the Humber at the little village of Paull (Hull) the site of an Napoleonic era fort held various military events and a collection of militaria.

The collection including the last Blackburn Beverley transport plane are all in the process of being auctioned off (fancy a anti aircraft gun as a garden ornament?).

Military reenactments were a good part of the Fort Paull experience as were the twice yearly Classic / Custom car shows.

We've seen everything from sword battles, musket (& Cannon) firing to WW2  reenactments and pirds of prey flying over the years.

Sadly this is no more, the land has been sold and the collection is being broken up.

We have not only taken our own children there many times but have also taken many of the Grandkids as well.

We were hoping to take the new batch of Grandkids in the future but alass this isn't to be.

We used to include our visits to Fort Paull with a visit to Spurn point where the grandkids could watch the lage ships being piloted coming in and out of the Humber.

Sad loss in strange times. 

That Blackburn Beverly used to be in a yard in Beverly , across from jewsons  in the 1990s ....

35 minutes ago, alarmingmark said:

That Blackburn Beverly used to be in a yard in Beverly , across from jewsons  in the 1990s ....

That  was actually the old Hull (kigston upon) military transport museum.

The Beverly being moved to Fort Paull when that shut.

It’s a shopping area now ! Been going since 1991 do work for East Riding council ....used to be Beverly borough council in them days ....

12 hours ago, alarmingmark said:

It’s a shopping area now ! Been going since 1991 do work for East Riding council ....used to be Beverly borough council in them days ....

The Plane didn't come to Fort Paull until 2005.

The transport museum at Beverly was pretty good but the Grandkids loved being able to actualy go inside the plane while it was at Fort Paull.

There is a small (ish) aircraft museum in Doncaster (South Yorkshire Aircraft Museum) well worth a visit when all this is over. 

Very hands on and greatly improved over the years.

Enjoy.

The new shopping area has only been there for about 2 years ...with a new mini roundabout roughly where the entrance to the old museum was ...

2 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Here's the auction:

https://bid.gilbert-baitson.co.uk/auctions/7570/ibgi10619

The Beverley is only at £6500

I am keeping an eye on a few things in the Auction but even my yard ain't big enough for the Beverley even if the grandkids would more than love it. Glamping on a large scale?

We've been spending hours trawling that auction site!  I'm tempted to get all my christmas presents from there.  Waxwork of Prince Philip for my brother, replica cannon for grandma... 🤣