Dame Dianna Rigg R.I.P.

Just reading that Dame Dianna Rigg has died aged 82. I and a lot of the older members of the forum will remember her as Emma Peel in the Avengers and as James Bond's wife Teresa di Vincenzo, in the James Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Also remember her in  the Mrs Bradley Mysteries.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/actress-dame-diana-rigg-dies-aged-82/ar-BB18TMbs?ocid=msedgntp

Edited by iansheff

I love Diana Rigg, she will be missed. RIP

Very sad. She was a class act in everything she was in.

she was a great actress,desired by many young men over the years,well respected and RIP to a great lady

Best thing to come out of Doncaster ever - including the A1(M).

When we moved from Donny to Sheffield in 1967 it gave me great street cred to be from the same town as Emma Peel 😎

Remember propping my eyes open as a school kid to stay up and watch The Avengers on a Friday night, brilliant stuff.

Sad news,recall her well,a real sex symbol of the 60s,clad in black leather,and later nude stage scenes,fondley remebered as Emma Peel,the very mention of her name back in the day evoked arousal in guys of a certain age.

Very talented actress who loved to break boundries

She is a delight in the new C5 All Creatures Great and Small. 

I also loved her in The Detectorists, where she starred with her daughter, as mum and daughter!

3 hours ago, davyboy said:

my god she was gorgeous

Yes, when you look at today's 'stars' with their big lips, black eyebrows, fake tan etc they don't hold a candle to her. She was naturally beautiful. 

Without a shadow of a doubt, one of the most attractive British actresses from ANY era.  A beauty. 

Last thing I saw her in was Dr Who with her daughter and Matt Smith a few years back. Put her northern accent to good use 😀.  She chewed up scenery wonderfully as Winifred Gillyflower.

However, she and Steed were an iconic pairing and, quite rightly I think, that's what she'll be most remembered for. A masterclass in casting.