Royal Mail Parcel Problem

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

To save me from starting a whole new topic for one simple question, I'll piggyback on this one.

Does anyone know what "PSC South Yorkshire" is when it comes to tracking a parcel?

I know that all the post is being hugely delayed at the moment, but this parcel has been traveeling through the system since the 10th, even though it was meant to be a Tracked 48 hour parcel.

Royal mail are struggling more than normal. I've sent stuff that's taken well over a week to get their first class.  I'm not sending anything out now with them and expecting it to get there before Xmas.

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

Is it that temporary one they'd made in the old B&Q down Darnall like last year?

I think it's on Europa link road.

Is it in here?

Our members in Royal Mail are facing unprecedented workloads. They are doing absolutely everything they can to keep the country connected. 

Pandemic + Christmas + record traffic

Serving the public is engrained in postal workers. Show them some love in the comments below 👇 https://t.co/CTqOMjY7UX

Bloody hell, I wouldn't be impressed if I was the person with a parcel at the bottom of there...it'll be wafer thin by the time it comes out

They claim that they're over capacity yet I recieved a parcel today, ordered Monday evening, not using any special post options, 

Surely I should have been waiting a lot longer. 

2 minutes ago, Resident said:

They claim that they're over capacity yet I recieved a parcel today, ordered Monday evening, not using any special post options, 

Surely I should have been waiting a lot longer. 

I think it's luck of the draw. There doesn't seem much order in that giant mountain of parcels.

When I worked at the PSC last ear there wasnt much order, I cant imagine what its like this year.

Received this mail from vendor on Monday at 11.41.

"Good news! Your order (#XXXXX) is making its way to the address below by Royal Mail Special Delivery* and you’ll be receiving it before 1pm tomorrow*."

still waiting...

My "Tracked24" package is now 11 days overdue, no sign of any movement at RM :(

31 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I know from very close hand experience they are overwhelmed and weren't prepared for the home shopping explosion. Even so special delivery 2 days late and counting.

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

I've spoken to RM loads on the phone over the last week trying to find out what's going off.

I learned that if a parcel is 11 or more days overdue, you can complain and class it as a lost parcel and start the process of making a claim to recover the loss.

1 hour ago, blackydog said:

I know from very close hand experience they are overwhelmed and weren't prepared for the home shopping explosion. Even so special delivery 2 days late and counting.

Special delivery is normally excellent, that shows how stretched they are.

10 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I've spoken to RM loads on the phone over the last week trying to find out what's going off.

I learned that if a parcel is 11 or more days overdue, you can complain and class it as a lost parcel and start the process of making a claim to recover the loss.

Online claim - if you have proof of postage - is dead easy.