Pc Start Up

On 10/09/2020 at 08:47, zach said:

As above, glad it's fixed, and little cost 😉

You've probably done it but don't forget to set the time and date in the BIOS.

And that is another way to check that the battery is on it's way out if it is losing time (but guess that would not show up if taking time from the Internet servers instead of Local Machine Time).

2 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

And that is another way to check that the battery is on it's way out if it is losing time (but guess that would not show up if taking time from the Internet servers instead of Local Machine Time).

I think on home PCs it's a bit of old school housekeeping. Some older operating systems used to throw an error up, not seen it for a while though. As you say, they probably check time servers and go by that before the BIOS time and date.

I thought that I had cured the problem, but it still persists.  The keyboard that I was using  was proving difficult. A couple of the keys, especially the S  did not function very well, sometimes it did, sometimes it did not. I prised off the keys, did a clean, but they still do not function properly. I swapped to my older keyboard, some of the letters are a bit faded. This older keyboard has a Power key, so I started to switch off the computer with this key. The computer now starts normally every time. Does anyone know the make and model of a not too expensive keyboard that includes a Power key.  I include a link showing the Power key on my old keyboard.

https://ibb.co/CbRs2xD