Howbrook Reservoir

Access to the roadside pegs at Howbrook can be awkward for the less mobile. The far side seems a bit better but it's a decent walk along the dam wall. I suggest you drive up and take a look for yourself. There's plenty of parking space in the lay by.

On 29/12/2020 at 19:36, charliewag said:

Access to the roadside pegs at Howbrook can be awkward for the less mobile. The far side seems a bit better but it's a decent walk along the dam wall. I suggest you drive up and take a look for yourself. There's plenty of parking space in the lay by.

Thanks Charlie 👍

Biggsy 🙂

It's a shame that Howbrook went downhill the way it did? I used to fish the summer and winter leagues on there in the late 90s early 2000s. It used to be stuffed with bream and roach with the odd ide which were always handy to boost the match weights in winter. Had some really good days in the summer fishing the pellet shallow or, in the colder months, the maggot feeder. In the summer the matches would be won with 20, 30, 40 and even 50lb weights if the fish were having it shallow. Best I managed was 55lb5oz of skimmers/proper bream on the pellet and pole but it sounds as though those days are long gone now. 

Dave Simmonite.

Edited by Dave_Simmo

On 22/10/2020 at 12:59, gaz 786 said:

Westwood not far off is another good place to fish safe and secure well guarded for reasons known only to a few! 

How much is annual permit for Westwood?

DJ Angling at High Green may be able to help you. 0114 2847576