Union Street Boutique - Mid-1970'S

I just noticed a post by Jack Reacher asking in December 2009 for information about the clothing boutique that was in Union Street. It was essentially a jeans shop, run by Western Jean Co (top of Fargate, where Virgin now is), but also sold cheesecloth shirts, footwear (platform boots for men), jewellery, & the only supply of loon pants in every colour (to my knowledge). I was the manager until it closed in early-mid 1976.

.............And it's where I bought my loons from too...red, purple, blue. and denim dungarees with parrots on the back pockets 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Goddess1 said:

I just noticed a post by Jack Reacher asking in December 2009 for information about the clothing boutique that was in Union Street. It was essentially a jeans shop, run by Western Jean Co (top of Fargate, where Virgin now is), but also sold cheesecloth shirts, footwear (platform boots for men), jewellery, & the only supply of loon pants in every colour (to my knowledge). I was the manager until it closed in early-mid 1976.

I still have a Levi Jacket I bought from there in the late 70's. I knew a lady who worked in there, I think Kay was her name? A relation of hers had the Murco garage at the back of the Penny Farthing

My apologies to all for forgetting to mention the name! Mick Badger is correct, except it was Bubble 'n' Squeak.

Lovely to see some responses - if you hadn't already guessed, I'm new to this 😉

Thanks for that, I've been racking my brain and I don't think I would remembered Bubble and Squeak but as soon as you mentioned it I did

On 05/09/2020 at 14:38, mike-s said:

.............And it's where I bought my loons from too...red, purple, blue. and denim dungarees with parrots on the back pockets 🤣🤣

I bought a green velvet jacket and matching loons to go with my green platform boots back in the day, Cool dude eh?