Walsal V Sheffield Wednesday Cup Tie

1 hour ago, barry-333 said:

Knock the one off,   0-0 and Fletcher scored TWO for Middlesbora

That was Ashley Fletcher, ex-Owl Steve Fletcher plays for Stoke City.

That was pants,no striker untill after HT,against a 4th tier side,looks like were in for a long old season,that 12 points will take some bringing back,may as well plan for league 2 now.

There was no urgency or flow,just pass and move but without any penetration,and with no strikers,there was no intent in the area,Reach as a striker???he kept drifting out wide where his normal position is,dear me.

Seriously hope that hes used this to gain some info about his MF players and used it for training purposes because that was terrible

8 hours ago, staninoodle said:

That was pants,no striker untill after HT,against a 4th tier side,looks like were in for a long old season,that 12 points will take some bringing back,may as well plan for league 2 now.

There was no urgency or flow,just pass and move but without any penetration,and with no strikers,there was no intent in the area,Reach as a striker???he kept drifting out wide where his normal position is,dear me.

Seriously hope that hes used this to gain some info about his MF players and used it for training purposes because that was terrible

I take it you mean league 1? Poor game though, doesn't fill me with confidence. Brown I wouldn't say is a striker at all, should of given Rhodes a good run out but its hard to see where the goals will come from in there.

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I take it you mean league 1? Poor game though, doesn't fill me with confidence. Brown I wouldn't say is a striker at all, should of given Rhodes a good run out but its hard to see where the goals will come from in there.

I can't believe Rhodes has become so bad he can't get a game???? Is there more to it than his football?

re-rhodes thats exactly what the experts said for a full 90 mins,where is this man,why play 2 midfielders up front?,i agree he needs several games up front whether he scores or not,but as some one said,for a striker like him ,who gives 500% comes back and helps the defence,is there a problem we dont know about or is he part exchanging him for a top proven goal scorer and thats why hes not spent any cash,doubt that though,he could go to norwich though on a free.

The usual Wednesday performance.

Dull, boring, uninspiring.

Penney did very well (apart from his shooting) but so did the bloke he replaced.

Why take Odebajo off? He was one of the very few who gave us any inspiration..... play both next time.

Bannan did his best to unlock something, but there was no-one looking to get on the end of stuff and stick it up Walsall.

We can play better than this, we can create better than this.

I hope Windass hits a new seam of form, 'cos looking at other options, we'll be lucky to score 20 goals all season .........

that's 20 for the whole team!

Monk clearly isn't inspiring the team, he never has.

He has to go, and go now!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

3 hours ago, blackydog said:

I can't believe Rhodes has become so bad he can't get a game???? Is there more to it than his football?

Wish I knew, he's a shadow of the player he used to be but I'd rather him of been up there than two midfielders. Saying that we barely created anything so any striker would of struggled. 

On 06/09/2020 at 09:02, NERVY-OWL said:

Walsall are L2 now bud,they were relegated last season